http://www.scribd.com/doc/201292857/One-year-ago

Published by RangersTransparency

One year ago Mr McCoist had the chance to lead by example.

Subject:

Ally

Date:

Fri, 28 Dec 2012 23:52:06 +0000

Brian Stockbridge

To:

Ian Hart, Walter Smith, Malcolm Murray, Phil Cartmell, Bryan Smart

CC:

Charles A Green, Imran Ahmad Gentlemen The Board is being asked by Ally and his agent to approve an increase in his salary to the original level of £750k per annum. Whilst some of you may be aware of the background discussions that have taken place with Ally over his remuneration, some of you may not be so I set out the detail below: Originally Ally had an employment contract paying £750k per annum. In consideration for working with the Club during the difficult early stages and as a condition of supporting Charles, it was necessary for Charles to agree with Ally that Ally would have the same option package as Charles Charles, after discussion with Malcolm, agreed to reduce his own salary by half to £360k per annum. Ally agreed to reduce his salary from £750k to £600k per annum. At the time of the IPO, it became apparent that public disclosure of Ally's salary may be necessary in the Prospectus. Ally was concerned at how the fans would react to his salary level and I understand that he wanted to reduce it further to around £200k but with some sort of guaranteed bonus to make it back up. The Executive did not accept this as it was considered misleading and the disclosure made in the prospectus was for the actual amounts paid to Ally from June to August. The Executive agreed to explore every avenue to avoid having to disclose Ally's current contract and, after lengthy discussion with the Executive and its advisers, the UKLA accepted that no disclosure needed to be made about the level of Ally's ongoing salary. The Executive has recently been contacted by Ally's agent requesting an increase in Ally's salary from £600k back to the original £750k from now but with arrears of £62.5k to be paid in the January payroll (this represents the 5 months backdated pay). The Board is asked to consider and, if appropriate, approve the reinstatement of Ally's salary at £750k per annum and the payment of £62.5k of arrears. If this is approved then Ally's original contract will become in force. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

If this is real then I can see Ally quitting or being sacked.

This kind of thing is clearly reflective of all the politics that have been going on over the last 2 years.

Pick and choose what you believe from Stockbridge's words. I quite believe that McCoist's agent felt that he should maintain his original contract benefits but I'm not sure if I believe BS where he suggests McCoist wanted to hide his wage level.

Generally speaking while much of these leaks are worth discussing, it's difficult to form a learned opinion from bits and pieces of subjective issues.

What's most frustrating is that our club's business continues to be leaked onto the internet on a daily basis. I'm amazed the police and club cannot do more about this.

Even by Irvine's crass, moronic, aimed-at-dimwits tabloid standards, this is both blatant and a new low. And it should be borne in mind that Irvine only does what the board tell him.

And before you ask, it's because about a week ago, when the players rejected the cut, AMMS posted on here that the PR policy would thereafter be to focus attention upon the players and the coaching staff.

Hey, presto!

However, let's accord these rats a level of decency they plainly don't allow us, the fans, and have a look at it.

First, the name: 'Rangers transparency'. You want transparency, we'll give you transparency!Here, have a look at what Super Ally is getting! Maybe a slightly more subtle nom-de-merde next time.

Next: 'Some of you may not be aware, so here's all the details!' By gum, we run a poorly communicated organisation, a newly set up company, where half the people in charge don't know what salary levels are being pegged at. Or else, we're quite good at adding extraneous little phrases in an attempt to justify a leak.

Next, 'the executive felt it was misleading': do we actually have evidence, here, of Mr Charles Green avoiding doing something which might be slightly misleading? If so, I suggest we donate a screenshot to the Kelvingrove as some kind of historical document.

Ally's overpaid, & he had any sense he'd have slashed his salary donkey's ago. However, at least (and some would say it is quite little) he has put back into Rangers in terms of teams, results, and efforts. There are those - and not a million miles away from the content & origin of this email - who are taking an doing no giving whatsoever.

I'll reserve my utter contempt for them.

Ally was paid £175K in the 3 months to August 2012. I had presumed that his salary was £700K, but it could be that he got paid 2 months at £750K and one one month at 600K if there is any truth in the email.

Interestingly enough, most news outlets are disclosing Ally's salary as £825K prior to him agreeing to take a 50% cut. Perhaps there was a built in 10% pay increase on an annual basis in his contract as surely the directors didn't authorise this?

However all of this has to be taken with a pinch of salt as Toxic Jack has proven to be adept at feeding the press misinformation that suits the directors and as such both the email in the OP and Ally's alleged salary of £825K could be made up by him.

So Brian Stockbridge types a 365 word email out on his phone at 10 to midnight? Really, he doesn't have a laptop or some other larger keyboard device that he'd use for something that length. He must have the texting thumbs of a 14 year old girl.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest Ally's stance at the AGM is coming back to haunt him now. I'm sorry this is simply further evidence that the people in charge of our club have not changed, their methods have not changed and I imagine their aims haven't changed either. I guess Ally is the last big obstacle at the club, the last person with any authority and who isn't entirely in-tune with the board.

I feel more despair now than at anytime since the administration.

Email leaks have portrayed the board members in a bad way in the past so again I don't see why this has to come back to Toxic Jack

It didn't it came from the latest incarnation of Charlotte Fakes.

However the board (and Toxic too) have previously been swift to send in the lawyers to have content from CF removed from Twitter, Scribd, imgur et al when the content causes them embarrassment yet on this occasion they appear more than content to let it stay.

https://twitter.com/RangersInter