Ally comments from Sky Sports..................

Rangers manager Ally McCoist believes the long-term future of the club is secure, despite uncertainty over the financial situation at Ibrox.

The Scottish League One side have reported running costs of up to £1m a month and last December chief executive Graham Wallace warned the money 'could run out by April'.

Last week Wallace asked Rangers players to take a 15 per cent wage cut and has since sought other avenues of cost-cutting after the request was rejected out of hand.

But McCoist, who met with Wallace on Thursday, said: "I think Graham has obviously gone on record as saying the problems that we seem to have, the problems that we are facing, are short-term.

"Graham's went public and has told meetings that I've had that the mid to long-term future of the club he is very, very confident and fairly happy with.

"So I think the financial problems we face would certainly seem to be more short term than anything. What they are and how we handle them is certainly I don't think for me to say. I think that is for other people to say."

Former oldco director Dave King, who is reportedly keen to invest in the Ramsden Cup finalists, has claimed the club needs to bolster the squad at the moment rather than think about trimming numbers.

But McCoist refused to be drawn on the South Africa-based businessman's remarks, claiming: "I have to be 100 per cent honest and say I haven't read Dave's article'

"People who have been involved in the past obviously still care about the club, People like Dave, Paul Murray and Sir David Murray, and I am quite happy they still want to comment on the club.

"They are well entitled to have their views but I can't comment on them. The chief executive is the man I am supporting at the current time, I think I have to do that. He has asked for 120 days and we have to get behind him."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...medium=twitter

----

I could have done without bloody SDM being mentioned in that light, but thought I should share....

Not sure what to make of it to be honest

Smith and McCoist think the sun shines out of Murray's arse.

Worryingly we still have fans who think so, not on here perhaps, but I've met loads.

They'd agree with the quote in today's Express from Ally. You have to wonder if either of the quotes are exactly correct however, they are suspiciously close to being the same but differently worded.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/455920/Rangers-boss-Ally-McCoist-confident-Graham-Wallace-will-sort-the-club-out

The South African-based former Gers director stated that a new share issue with the financially-stricken Ibrox club is inevitable and revealed he’s had no dealings with the board since he made an offer to invest in the League One side after last month’s stormy AGM.

McCoist had a meeting with his chief executive this week after an attempt to get the players to accept a 15 per cent pay cut – and he’s backed Wallace to restructure Rangers.

He said: “Dave has an opinion which a lot of Rangers fans would listen to. I don’t have any doubt our chief executive has ideas of what he wants to do.

“Graham asked for 120 days and, after that period, he will, more than anyone, have an idea of where we want to be and how we’re going to get there.”

But McCoist insists the man who once invested and lost £20million in Rangers has a right to give his opinions. He added: “I’m delighted Dave is still interested in the club. Same for Paul Murray and David Murray because they’re people whose opinions will be valued by Rangers supporters.

“We’ve always said you never leave the club, you always watch and take an interest, but I can’t get involved. People will discuss and have opinions, but my job is the football. I need to concentrate on that.”

Smith and McCoist think the sun shines out of Murray's arse.

To be fair, so did most of us at some point. He messed up at the end, but he also brought us some great years. I'm not convinced he had much say in the sale to Whyte. I don't think he deliberately tried to fuck us over.

To be fair, so did most of us at some point. He messed up at the end, but he also brought us some great years. I'm not convinced he had much say in the sale to Whyte. I don't think he deliberately tried to fuck us over.

Messed up at the end? We were a financial meltdown on at least 2 separate occasions for the best part of 10 years. It became clear to me and others right from the early 00's that the man was an utter incompetent disgrace.

He brought us some great players up until 02/03 yes, but it was all on the supporters and bank's cash.

From 03/04 onwards the vast majority of our teams and signings have been terrible.

was it perhaps a slip and he meant malcolm murray? that would make more sense

Not sure that's really on - the Sky Sports and Express quotes have him saying "Sir David Murray" and "David Murray" ; of course it is unclear whether it is the same quote mis-remembered by one or both journalists or if it is two different quotes as they read too similarly to be different interviews but then again diverge quite markedly in a key line.....

"He added: “I’m delighted Dave is still interested in the club. Same for Paul Murray and David Murray because they’re people whose opinions will be valued by Rangers supporters.

“We’ve always said you never leave the club, you always watch and take an interest, " (Express)

--

"People who have been involved in the past obviously still care about the club, People like Dave, Paul Murray and Sir David Murray, and I am quite happy they still want to comment on the club.

"They are well entitled to have their views but I can't comment on them. (Sky)