So Ibrox must not be given up, and Auchenhowie is vital to our wellbeing?

What will happen if the cost of retaining both becomes too great?

I'm not advocating their sale, but I am wondering if a harsh economic reality will put pressure on the club to release one or the other at some point in the future.

It's easy to put a 'not for sale' sign up, but the Scottish football landscape may make it difficult for Rangers - and Celtic - to retain a football ground and a training and administrative centre.

Ideally, we will keep both indefinitely, but the Scottish football environment falls a long way short of being an ideal world.

We thought that administration was impossible for a club like Rangers, and we were wrong.

We thought that liquidation could never happen to Rangers, and once again we were wrong.

We should at least be contemplating this scenario rather than pretending that it can't happen and then being shocked when the unthinkable actually happens.

Administration/Liquidation only happened because a fraudster got the club due to the valiant efforts by the bhoys at LBG

Rab, no-one ever believed that a 'fraudster' could get control of Rangers, and yet, like administration and liquidation, it happened.

This is just one more example of the Rangers support not looking hard enough at the future and contemplating unpalatable scenarios.

Rab, no-one ever believed that a 'fraudster' could get control of Rangers, and yet, like administration and liquidation, it happened.

This is just one more example of the Rangers support not looking hard enough at the future and contemplating unpalatable scenarios.

There is not a lot the fans can do though?,we couldn't/can't stop anybody taking over the club like we have seen!.

We could have, Ian, but sadly we couldn't raise 1/20th of the money required; which you would probably say proves your point

Thing is though, who would I give my money to?, I mean the Rangers fans are so divided it would take for ever to get things in place, something we never had at the time,although it is the future!.

Ian, we could own the club ourselves, but it seems that we'd rather take the risk of another Craig Whyte waltzing through the door than being constructive in addressing our problems.

I don't know how to multi quote, but see my last post

Thing is though, who would I give my money to?, I mean the Rangers fans are so divided it would take for ever to get things in place, something we never had at the time,although it is the future!.

I agree with that Ian, too many people just looking after their own personal agendas and interests; the opportunity has passed but it COULD be done in a different way in the future.

I agree with that Ian, too many people just looking after their own personal agendas and interests; the opportunity has passed but it COULD be done in a different way in the future.

Agreed, which proves my point, the time scale involved in taking control/owning Rangers was never enough for any set of fans of any club, so we could do nothing about who took/takes control of our club until the Rangers fans are all singing of the same hymn sheet. It will take time but can be done,eventually!.

Ian, join the RST. It believes in fan ownership.

I'm a member of the RST's BuyRangers scheme, so I am part of a group that owns around half of one per cent of the company.

Don't expect us all to one day sing from the same hymn sheet. Even if you live longer than Methuselah, you won't see that happening.

It's not something to worry about either.