David Templeton is being dragged down by life in the lower leagues with Rangers......

One minute some people are going on about us playing postmen and butchers, the next they're saying the players are unable to play better than that level due to the manager?

Just what is the manager doing to them? Keeping them up all night or starving them?

Surely if the opposition is so bad and the players so good, they should be able to easily play well in any position, in any formation, with any tactics?

I've always said that as a manager doesn't kick the ball, you can't blame him for a single performance or a single player's form. You judge him over a season of results by the whole squad. As is oft repeated we've won 21 and drawn 1 in the league, are 23 points ahead, yet we're we're supposed to believe that the opposition are usually better teams due to our crap manager. It doesn't even make the slightest sense.

Ally must have been a brilliant manager at the weekend as it looked like Templeton played well - at least for a minute. But I don't think that kind of logic works.

I've always said that as a manager doesn't kick the ball, you can't blame him for a single performance or a single player's form.

In general I would agree.....however, it is the managers responsibility to firstly pick the team, then it is his responsibility to identify players during the game that aren't playing well & either sub them or change tactics to improve things..

On the 1st point....if the players are looking excellent in training, why are they struggling so badly @ times during a match???

On the 2md point...How often does Ally change things up before the 60th minute (without being forced to due to injury)???

We have a 1st team made up primarily of experienced SPL or international players, that at times are being shown up by part-timers.....something isn't clicking. This is our 2nd season playing in the lower leagues, and while our performances have improved since last season, the team should still be performing at a higher level & dominating teams.

Serggio makes a lot of sense to me.

But the way I see it is if you are a top pianist playing in a bad orchestra then the music won’t be good. If you want to develop yourself I believe you must play with and against the best.

Obvioulsy Templeton and Law especially sacrificed their career development for the money and Daly just came for the pension.

But every good orchestra needs a good conductor..............................................

How often does Ally change things up before the 60th minute (without being forced to due to injury)???

Most managers don't make substitutions until later in the game unless they're forced to, whether it's tactical or due to injury.

At the weekend Ally made two substitutions before the 60th minute in response to us going behind for a second time. It could be argued that MacLeod was injured but regardless Ally made the right changes at the right time and we got the win as a result.

As for this article, it's not surprising to see this rhag drudging up some dud foreign manager to take a pot shot at one of our flair players just as he starts to show some form.

Neither is it surprising to see so many on here lapping it up and turning it on our manager.

One minute some people are going on about us playing postmen and butchers, the next they're saying the players are unable to play better than that level due to the manager?

Just what is the manager doing to them? Keeping them up all night or starving them?

Surely if the opposition is so bad and the players so good, they should be able to easily play well in any position, in any formation, with any tactics?

I've always said that as a manager doesn't kick the ball, you can't blame him for a single performance or a single player's form. You judge him over a season of results by the whole squad. As is oft repeated we've won 21 and drawn 1 in the league, are 23 points ahead, yet we're we're supposed to believe that the opposition are usually better teams due to our crap manager. It doesn't even make the slightest sense.

Ally must have been a brilliant manager at the weekend as it looked like Templeton played well - at least for a minute. But I don't think that kind of logic works.

If that was true why was ecks team on advocatt players so much better?

If that was true why was ecks team on advocatt players so much better?

Check the part where it says you judge a manager over the season. Advocaat systematically pissed an excellent squad of players off and they lost games as a result and won nothing. That's not happening at all this season.

And where exactly would Temps be if he was still at Hearts? Fighting a losing battle. So the Hearts man can keep his whining to himself. Everyone told us to suck up our fate, yet players wanted to come here. Not seeing so many flocking to Tynecastle in their hour of need...

(first and last bitter post from me, just fed up of near constant pot shots at us over everything and anything)