http://twitpic.com/dtp3jl

According to the Daily Record.

Bid of £900k rejected with club holding out for £1.4m.

Don't grudge him a move tbh, he has earned it but the fee annoys me somewhat. A possible loss on such a good player is just typical of us. We are talking about a player in his prime, an international footballer and one who plays in a position where it is hard to find good ones. Of course we will survive and win the next two leagues without him but that doesn't mean i like it. If it was Celtic in our place, Lennon would be all over the media saying how priceless Lee is and how no one could afford him and Liewell would have his lapdogs writing the player is worth their standard £10m no matter the level he plays. As delusional as their tactics are, we need to take a leaf or two from their book.

Why not tell the agents brokering the deal that the fee is £5m, we may get 3/4s of that. Who knows.

Edited by Super Cooper

I'm afraid to say that without Lee Wallace a very ordinary side with no real creativity becomes worse than ordinary as he has been consistently our rock and most creative player by a mile. I for one will be gutted if\when he goes and any Club that pays less then £2m for him should come in wearing a Dick Turpin mask (if he was playing in the SFPL it would be 3 times that figure).

Gutted at the prospect!

Wallace had the chance to move to the championship and receive a big signing on fee when the rest jumped ship, the fact he has a young family and is the coach of his local amateur team I can't see him leaving.

Will he really have a choice at the end of the day? How much is a contract worth these days when being pushed from above?

I wouldn't begrudge him if he wanted to move on, but if we are just cashing in when he's happy to stay, it's nothing short of a disgrace. Kinda sums up the short-term strategy that's currently in place. We won't get a player of his level for less than £3m, in the future.

It's the dead weight we need rid of, not one of the few internationals we now have. Hopefully just paper shite.

If we had a scouting department worthy of the name, then around £2m would have been enough to ring-fence some monies for the accounts and leave plenty for a suitable replacement. £1m should buy a decent player of potential but I'd not be confident our club would do this.