Interested in views from fellow Bears about fan ownership at Rangers. I'm seeing a lot more chatter on the subject (especially on Twitter), but RST (the only vehicle at the moment) seem even quieter than normal. I've seem some good articles here: http://t.co/YEgcWYEeFe

All the while Rangers market value sits at around £16-17 million. The opportunity to buy a decent collective stake in our club has never been bigger, but views seem divided. Why? Faceless investors sitting in London & elsewhere are buying into our club (at current prices I can see why), why aren't we?

As I say interested to know views. I for one am puzzled.

If BuyRangers had been around at the time of admin then it is quite possible to believe that fan ownership would be a reality. Sadly there was no vehicle. it's more a case of building up slowly with the odd campaign flung in. One look around forums, Twitter and chit chat with mates is concentrated on King saving the club.

On top of that, the support needs to waken up and believe in change....something that's miles away:(

Interested in views from fellow Bears about fan ownership at Rangers. I'm seeing a lot more chatter on the subject (especially on Twitter), but RST (the only vehicle at the moment) seem even quieter than normal. I've seem some good articles here: http://t.co/YEgcWYEeFe

All the while Rangers market value sits at around £16-17 million. The opportunity to buy a decent collective stake in our club has never been bigger, but views seem divided. Why? Faceless investors sitting in London & elsewhere are buying into our club (at current prices I can see why), why aren't we?

As I say interested to know views. I for one am puzzled.

Welcome to the forum, Croak.

As a new member you will not be aware that there have been a number of threads and articles written about a membership scheme which many see as the long term solution; but as far as buying shares is concerned, I would be so bold as to quote myself from a recent thread about the Club's property assets which went off at a bit of a tangent (not entirely unusual hereabouts):

Admirable as the RST effort was, it only succeeded in raising £250,000 to buy about half of one per cent of the company. Approximately 20x - 25x as many fans (by volume of shares) bought shares in their own right rather than go through the RST Scheme. Buying the company out of liquidation in concert perhaps with other wealthy investors or buying shares as a group in the IPO was the answer at that time but buying shares now is not the answer. 5% is the first threshold that you need to pass, so that you can call a general meeting of the company and require the company to consider something like a membership scheme at a general meeting. So the RST would need to raise 10x the money raised in that highly charged period of time when we were in liquidation, just to get to the starting gate. Frankly, even if the RST could raise another £250,000 to subscribe for shares in a new offer, and they would have to if it was a rights issue or the percentage would be even lower, it is pissing in the wind. I too believe in fan ownership or at least fan influence on the ownership; which is why I was member of the RST and its Secretary for a time; but that model is not going to succeed whilst the current structure is in place.

Croak, fan ownership is the right way to go, but the bulk of our support prefers a deity to look up to rather than having faith in itself.

Don't let that put you off. Join the RST, and maybe even stand for election to its board. Things may be quiet just now, but they can quickly heat up.

Meanwhile, keep an eye on Hearts. They are attempting to work constructively towards a fan-owned future. Time will tell if they are successful.

Croak, fan ownership is the right way to go, but the bulk of our support prefers a deity to look up to rather than having faith in itself.

Don't let that put you off. Join the RST, and maybe even stand for election to its board. Things may be quiet just now, but they can quickly heat up.

Meanwhile, keep an eye on Hearts. They are attempting to work constructively towards a fan-owned future. Time will tell if they are successful.

heartbreaking!

As the saying goes "you are the one you are waiting for"

All paradigm shifts, as Fanownership would be for Clubs in Scotland, start with one person standing up and convincing the guy next to them and so on.

The opportunity exists for as long as the Shares are traded on AIM and there is liquidity in the market.

I have written plenty on how it could be done.

http://thecrossedrubicon.blogspot.co.uk/

@rchrdtknsn

Scots clubs, all owned and run by their fans. We have that already, it's called Junior football. For a reason.

While Jim Spence might dream of the day when he can tour Scotland, visiting local footballing Soviets and sharing a samovar of sweet tea with bright eyed activists wearing Arran sweaters, the reality would be a nation of small clubs getting smaller, even more thrashings on increasingly short European trips, the complete loss of any talent to the Conference at age 16, and so on. If we want Scots football t achieve the giddy heights of the Faroe Islands this would be the quickest way to do it.