As much as I agree with fan ownership (at least in part), there would need to be a sea change on RFC fan opinion for it to work.

Sure perhaps the 'ideal' scheme isn't yet in place but I suspect without key people being involved (say Greig, Smith, McCoist, Jardine, Gough) then I doubt fans would place much trust in it.

In my opinion, the only way it would work is if some rich guy acquired the club and then started putting in place the processes for fan ownership with a staged sell back of his/her shares. It simply isn't going to work from the bottom up. There is no appetite in the support, the supporter organisations either are not interested or have no idea how to make it happen and the in-fighting is a major negative.

Now, if I won a couple of hundred million on the lottery I could and would make it happen ............

It is worth noting that Mr Atkinson was a Director of St Mirren FC from May 2010 to August 2013 when he resigned following the failure of his fan-backed bid to buy the Club http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23721154

Indeed I was, have a look at my Bio on the blog page and you can read the story.

St Mirren Fans 1007 were able to raise an offer of £1.25m for the Club, this was not accepted by those selling it.

Right now an amount of money like that from Rangers fans would by you 7.5% of the Club and make you significant shareholders whose voice would have to be recognized.

On the basis that Rangers is a much bigger fan base (would be interesting to hear from you how much bigger you think it is?) then surely it is within easy reach for RFC Fan to make a difference right now

In my opinion, the only way it would work is if some rich guy acquired the club and then started putting in place the processes for fan ownership with a staged sell back of his/her shares. It simply isn't going to work from the bottom up. There is no appetite in the support, the supporter organisations either are not interested or have no idea how to make it happen and the in-fighting is a major negative.

I have never understood this idea. Why not just buy shares? What's difficult about that?