Scots clubs, all owned and run by their fans. We have that already, it's called Junior football. For a reason.

While Jim Spence might dream of the day when he can tour Scotland, visiting local footballing Soviets and sharing a samovar of sweet tea with bright eyed activists wearing Arran sweaters, the reality would be a nation of small clubs getting smaller, even more thrashings on increasingly short European trips, the complete loss of any talent to the Conference at age 16, and so on. If we want Scots football t achieve the giddy heights of the Faroe Islands this would be the quickest way to do it.

What have you got against Arran sweaters, Andy? I've got one, but am certainly not an activist, and certainly don't see total fan ownership as being good for either Rangers or the game in general.

Not until Scottish fans grow up.

Just 5% of the club shares collectively owned by the Fans would give the kind of transparency folk seem to be wanting from the board. At today's price that would cost about 800k.

The RST didn't raise a third of that when the chips were down; 25x more shares were bought by fans individually than through the scheme.

As much as I agree with fan ownership (at least in part), there would need to be a sea change on RFC fan opinion for it to work.

Sure perhaps the 'ideal' scheme isn't yet in place but I suspect without key people being involved (say Greig, Smith, McCoist, Jardine, Gough) then I doubt fans would place much trust in it.

As the saying goes "you are the one you are waiting for"

All paradigm shifts, as Fanownership would be for Clubs in Scotland, start with one person standing up and convincing the guy next to them and so on.

The opportunity exists for as long as the Shares are traded on AIM and there is liquidity in the market.

I have written plenty on how it could be done.

http://thecrossedrubicon.blogspot.co.uk/

@rchrdtknsn

It is worth noting that Mr Atkinson was a Director of St Mirren FC from May 2010 to August 2013 when he resigned following the failure of his fan-backed bid to buy the Club http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23721154

As much as I agree with fan ownership (at least in part), there would need to be a sea change on RFC fan opinion for it to work.

Sure perhaps the 'ideal' scheme isn't yet in place but I suspect without key people being involved (say Greig, Smith, McCoist, Jardine, Gough) then I doubt fans would place much trust in it.

Frankie - our fans would also have to better understand democratic processes. Recently I've seen far too much spin, threat and vindictiveness from various individuals/factions to believe our fans as a whole are mature enough to make it work.

What have you got against Arran sweaters, Andy? I've got one, but am certainly not an activist, and certainly don't see total fan ownership as being good for either Rangers or the game in general.

Not until Scottish fans grow up.

I apologise to all Arran sweater wearing Bluenoses! Altogether now, 'for these are my mountaiiiiinns....'