Just read some of Allys comments from yesterday. In a nutshell - if we are lucky enough to get promoted this year there are no gaurantees we will get promotion next year as hearts will be strong plus others blah blah.

Is he starting to doubt his ability to do this job?

If he doesn't think we'll get promoted next season then he should be removed from his position immediately. Such a stupid thing to say. Genuinely hope he was mis-quoted

Personally i think he's at his games again to self protect. Starting to build up the scenario that this is a tough job, harder than anyone could imagine, try finding any manager who would find it easy. Won't be surprised if his friend and mentor weighs in soon about first rangers manager to have his hands tied, not enough funds to run the rangers as previous managers have sob sob sob...

Just read some of Allys comments from yesterday. In a nutshell - if we are lucky enough to get promoted this year there are no gaurantees we will get promotion next year as hearts will be strong plus others blah blah.

Is he starting to doubt his ability to do this job?

That's just the crap that all managers spout at press conferences - I doubt he says anything like this in private. Bob Paisley used to describe it as throwing toffees to the opposition (or something like that).

I haven't seen one poster on here who writes like they think he can do no wrong. It's seems to be a delusional view that Ally bashers use to avoid listening to those disagree with them. There's just plenty of people who think stuff like winning 21 out of 22 league games doesn't give much credence to the "clueless" manager opinion.

Nobody thinks he's a managerial genius but plenty think he's passable for now - especially taking circumstances into account. There is only one side of the debate that goes to extremes.

Passable for now.

Wow. What a great future we have ahead of us.

21 wins means absolutely nothing in this division. I don't see anyone here having any praise for Lennon who is undefeated in the SPL this season with 20 wins out of 23. And quite rightly so, winning every week in that division means very little, and winning each week in our division means significantly less, particularly given the turgid football.

I think the fact that you say 'nobody thinks he's a managerial genius' says it all. We all know he is crap.

Guest Night Owl

The style he has his team play is very hard on the eyes and patience... There are times when I'd rather listen to a 90 minute sound track of nails being dragged down a blackboard. His habit of ducking opposition when he loses a couple of players to international duty is embarrassing. His other habit of playing players out of their natural roles and positions does him no favours as results tend to come from individual brilliance rather than team work.

I can say these things without throwing insults or wishing harm to the man or his reputation... my problem with McCoist is his managerial ability and not the man himself.. I don't know the man on any personal level, only as a fan do I know him, so it would be folly for me to even attempt a character judgement from such a position.

As much as CG has pointed out in the article of the hate towards McCoist you have to accept the opposite end of the spectrum of those who think Ally is beyond any form of criticism. Its very unhealthy in any walk of life nevermind football, I know some deeply sincere religious people who will not hear a bad word said about their church as it makes them think that somehow their faith/loyalty is being questioned when in actual fact , it's just a healthy and productive bit of free/critical thinking.

Everyman is entitled to his view and some are more eloquent than others, but to try and boil this whole subject into a primitive '' them vs us '' is lazy, no matter how well it's written.