Good, I had a question on this.

I'm struck by the dichotomy between the fans' stance on FO (eagerness to buy shares in the club) and the standpoint of Dave King (complete reluctance to buy shares). Despite this, King remains the favoured option of many fans to "invest" in the club via a new share issue, as opposed to buying existing shares and insodoing "lining spivs' pockets".

I'm not sure why fans should feel so warmly disposed to another would-be hero who, like McColl before him, talks a good game but refuses to join them in coughing up. I had just had rather a lengthy Twitter debate with Chris Graham on this very subject.

Any thoughts?

Good, I had a question on this.

I'm struck by the dichotomy between the fans' stance on FO (eagerness to buy shares in the club) and the standpoint of Dave King (complete reluctance to buy shares). Despite this, King remains the favoured option of many fans to "invest" in the club via a new share issue, as opposed to buying existing shares and insodoing "lining spivs' pockets".

I'm not sure why fans should feel so warmly disposed to another would-be hero who, like McColl before him, talks a good game but refuses to join them in coughing up. I had just had rather a lengthy Twitter debate with Chris Graham on this very subject.

Any thoughts?

The difference between McColl and King is that King has invested cash in the past, and therefore has history of supporting the club financially.

There are too many agendas and too much infighting in all of this.

I am a Trust member and will remain a trust member. I also own my shares via the RST. That will not change.

However, I no longer have any confidence that meaningful supporter representation will ever happen. For me, this CIC and SD scheme is just another groupuscule with their own agenda. There will be lots of noise but, essentially, it will go nowhere. The same characters arguing over the same old ground.

This is the full text of an invitation that I have received to the meeting.

Supporters Direct Scotland (SDS) would like to invite you to a meeting on the Community Interest Company (CIC) model of fan-ownership and how this model could be of interest to Rangers supporters who are keen on taking a greater stake in Rangers Football Club.

SDS has agreed to host a small presentation regarding fan-ownership and Rangers FC on the 14th of Feb at 10:30am in the Louden Tavern at Ibrox - SDS would like to express our thanks the Louden Tavern for hosting this event. For directions, please visit;

http://www.thelouden.co.uk/directions.html

The meeting follows an approach to SDS by a group of Rangers Fans expressing an interest in this model which has been increasing in popularity within the Scottish Fans community.

This first presentation is designed to share information on the model and how this could work for Rangers supporters. At this stage we are extending the invite to a range of supporters organisations, supporters clubs and fan lead publications and websites that SDS have contact with.

Should there be sufficient demand and encouragement that fan-ownership is something Rangers fans would like to work towards then further meetings will be held to allow more supporters the chance to have a say and shape further developments.

This meeting really is about engaging with Rangers supporters - assessing the options, getting feedback and building the group of people required to get things moving. This new approach is in its early stages but we hope to progress quickly over the next number of weeks.

I will be attending although I must say that the date and time seem a bit odd to me. I would have thought that an evening meeting would have given more people a chance to attend although that would rule out a bar and Ibrox itself would be ruled out for obvious reasons. However, there must have been alternative evening venues. No doubt there is a reason for it being on the 14th as well and perhaps it was thought that the morning rather than the evening of the 14th might reduce the chances of a St Valentine's Day Massacre?

Any others who are going and want to meet up can PM me.

The difference between McColl and King is that King has invested cash in the past, and therefore has history of supporting the club financially.

Agree - it keeps sounding like a "What have you done for us lately?" type thing. Two other massive differences is that King was not in a position to invest until recently, and has promised to invest in the next share offering. So why is there criticism of him not investing now? The McCall didn't invest when he made his move, King has not made his move yet. If a proper opportunity comes along and he doesn't invest, then maybe the criticism is valid.

This guy has made supposedly hundreds of millions of pounds and he's being criticised by Joe Blog no marks for not attempting a hostile takeover just because they think he should. Let him play his hand, first, McCall played his and it was weak, there is plenty of reason for King not to put his cards on the table just yet.

If there is a share issue in say a year's time and he invests millions then a lot of people are going to look pretty stupid. If there is and he doesn't then they will be vindicated if premature.

To me it's a bit like someone who got their round the last time it was their turn, and as it's coming around again says he'll get the next round after this. Then in the middle of the current drink, before it's time for the next one, people start calling him a tight git.

Anyway, I agree that the £20m he spent last time, gives him some time to decide when to invest and the right to some opinions along the way.

No doubt there is a reason for it being on the 14th as well and perhaps it was thought that the morning rather than the evening of the 14th might reduce the chances of a St Valentine's Day Massacre?

What happened 2 years ago on 14th Feb? ;)

Agree - it keeps sounding like a "What have you done for us lately?" type thing. Two other massive differences is that King was not in a position to invest until recently, and has promised to invest in the next share offering. So why is there criticism of him not investing now? The McCall didn't invest when he made his move, King has not made his move yet. If a proper opportunity comes along and he doesn't invest, then maybe the criticism is valid.

This guy has made supposedly hundreds of millions of pounds and he's being criticised by Joe Blog no marks for not attempting a hostile takeover just because they think he should. Let him play his hand, first, McCall played his and it was weak, there is plenty of reason for King not to put his cards on the table just yet.

If there is a share issue in say a year's time and he invests millions then a lot of people are going to look pretty stupid. If there is and he doesn't then they will be vindicated if premature.

To me it's a bit like someone who got their round the last time it was their turn, and as it's coming around again says he'll get the next round after this. Then in the middle of the current drink, before it's time for the next one, people start calling him a tight git.

Anyway, I agree that the £20m he spent last time, gives him some time to decide when to invest and the right to some opinions along the way.

Odd paragraph. Is it OK for successful fans to criticise King?

No-one is forcing DK to invest. What he does with his money is his business. But if he's not a shareholder and if he has no intention of becoming one until he's happy that he can dictate terms to the board, it might be an idea for him to desist from making contributions to damaging, scaremongering stories about our finances in the gutter press.

No-one is forcing DK to invest. What he does with his money is his business. But if he's not a shareholder and if he has no intention of becoming one until he's happy that he can dictate terms to the board, it might be an idea for him to desist from making contributions to damaging, scaremongering stories about our finances in the gutter press.

That about sums it for me. He's not doing the Club or himself any good right now.