I know that is your opinion but I take people as I find them as you have obviously done. He has done a lot of good work for the RST and, on a personal note, he was very kind to me when my mum was terminally ill. If someone has had personal interaction with him and doesn't like him, fine. However, the vast majority of people bad-mouthing him have never even met him.

I've had half a dozen or so interactions with Mark and they've all been about Rangers. Rangers, Rangers and Rangers. We had some banter, nothing untoward ever happened. I have been kicked off Follow Follow (unjustifiably so) and resigned once over Leggat so I don't have the same names on boards any longer) but I don't hold him personally responsible for that and in any case I'd still say that we shouldn't be going around calling other Rangers fans "pricks". I got a yellow card for intimating that the RM forum was often not worth reading (in huge part due to them hating MD more than they hate septic or love Rangers - though that was not specified in my comment) so "the guy's a prick end off" is presumably going to bring you similar. He was not a prick when I met him nor when plgsarmy did, nor for that matter when he spoke well for the club in front of Spiers on TV last year.

I've only had fleeting contact with him of course, but then even if I were to multiply that by ten - it'd still be two Rangers fans talking about the Rangers. Rangers fans united in discussing how to help the club. Rangers. Rangers and Rangers. "Supporters Direct chief calls on Rangers fans to unite." When has a thread title last been so abused?

As a relatively new RST member, with no knowledge of any of the back story / personalities, I find this thread profoundly depressing.

Somehow, we need to move on.

Surely the first step is to establish the wider supports' appetite for the principle of fan influence / ownership via a collective shareholding underpinned by some form of democratic governance and, ideally, leading to Board representation.

Once we've established that, we can address options for how it can be delivered and by whom.

Folks;

I'm coming to this issue late so apologies for being unable to contribute.

Just a few things I'd like to say:

1. Most importantly, let's keep this debate factual and free from personal abuse/insults.

2. D'Art, I may have misread your earlier post, but just for clarity I and several others resigned in 2008; well before the MD/cheque stuff happened (or came to light).

3. I find it incredible just how much nonsense all this stuff brings up. It seems clear that any initiative related to supporters representation will now be sabotaged by small numbers of people who appear more concerned about the personalities involved than the aims. It certainly seems to me that as soon as person/forum A says sugar, person/forum B will say sh!te (and vice-versa). What a mess.

As a relatively new RST member, with no knowledge of any of the back story / personalities, I find this thread profoundly depressing.

Somehow, we need to move on.

Surely the first step is to establish the wider supports' appetite for the principle of fan influence / ownership via a collective shareholding underpinned by some form of democratic governance and, ideally, leading to Board representation.

Once we've established that, we can address options for how it can be delivered and by whom.

It appears the modus operandi is to berate those who disagree with your opinions. You're not going to move very far forward with that attitude (not you personally btw).

I'm not a member, not going to be, and having said my piece will get out of the road on this topic. But I would like to point out to the activist types that they are coming across as a bit mentalist (dare I say it, holier than thou) at times. Persuasion, not derision, will get results.

My answer to that is that in my opinion McCollCo etc had Paul Murray on board was nothing to do with his financial credility as an investor in Rangers, which is all I was referring to.

I'm not buying that BH. That's absolutely nothing like what you said and almost certainly not what you were referring to at all. Let's leave it and not continue though.

I'm not even an RST member, but I suggest that you might want to alter your tone on here because calling any Rangers fans and their organisations 'absurdly marginalised sect' and 'pathetic little cult' is unacceptable.

The second one is a little strong maybe but I think the first has some validity....anyway, no offence intended to Christine, the RST or to this board.

I am, however, almost speechless at continued attempts to push the RST in the wake of this latest, self-inflicted calamity. I genuinely struggle to see where they go from here, particularly if a wider fan ownership or fan membership vehicle emerges.

D'Artagnan, I have no issue with anyone raising legitimate concerns but when I go on Twitter and read clowns making comments that I looked drunk at the Club AGM then a line has been crossed.

You looked drunk? At 11:00am?? Who on earth said that?

Mind you, I could have done with a hip flask full of brandy that day. **** me, was it cold!

3. I find it incredible just how much nonsense all this stuff brings up. It seems clear that any initiative related to supporters representation will now be sabotaged by small numbers of people who appear more concerned about the personalities involved than the aims. It certainly seems to me that as soon as person/forum A says sugar, person/forum B will say sh!te (and vice-versa). What a mess.

One of the saddest sights arising from our seemingly endless tribulations is the constant Bear v Bear, it's the greatest gift we can give to those who wish to harm us.

One of the saddest sights arising from our seemingly endless tribulations is the constant Bear v Bear, it's the greatest gift we can give to those who wish to harm us.

Absolutely.

Like I say it is only a small number of people guilty of this but when they do influence hundreds more that's where the problem arises. Unfortunately, I don't see this changing any time soon.