Just to be pro-active I'd rather private emails were not posted on here thanks - not without the permission of all the recipients anyway.

Understood Frankie; but I didn't publish the addresses; it was suggested by bossy that had acted in isolation and I just wanted to demonstrate that the then and apparently current Treasurer, Christine Somerville and her then replacement in waiting, Alison Mueller, if not the rest of the Board, were fully aware of my concerns at the time.

Surely would depend how independent it is.

Yes, of course.

The RST is thoroughly discredited as 3904 says and the Assembly, therefore is redundant (since it was established primarily to limit the influence of the RST, which now has no influence; as was demonstrated by their fruitless meeting with the CEO). The RSA clearly has a role but the vast majority of fans (estimated at 75%-80%) are not members of anything and deserve to be represented.

All the other fan led intiatives seem to quickly become factional and divisive; what is needed is something non-partisan and inclusive and it may well be that this has to be led and in part at least funded by the Club.

The challenge will then be to ensure that it is sufficently independent to be effective.

However, this is not impossible by any manner of means.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

It's almost reassuring that the Rangers board took a dim view of the representations of the fan groups.

That's almost a ringing endorsement of their worth.

There is no more discredited group in the Rangers family than the Rangers board of directors.

It's almost reassuring that the Rangers board took a dim view of the representations of the fan groups.

There is no more discredited group in the Rangers family than the Rangers board of directors.

It's impossible to argue with your last sentence but like it or not it's their ba' right now and there is surely no question that change is required in fans' representation.

And what of the latest in a long line of very public fallouts between RST board members? Is that a further "endorsement of their worth", or a clear indication that their time is up?

The RST is a vehicle to bring about fan ownership.

Some want to wreck it, but of course their motivations may be based more on personal feelings than on intellectual judgement.

The idea that Rangers fans want to crash the one vehicle that will drive us out of this mess is as disappointing as it is absurd.

The approximate 2,000 members of BuyRangers have staked their claim.

The RST will be here for as long as it takes.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

The RST is a vehicle to bring about fan ownership.

Some want to wreck it, but of course their motivations may be based more on personal feelings than on intellectual judgement.

The idea that Rangers fans want to crash the one vehicle that will drive us out of this mess is as disappointing as it is absurd.

The approximate 2,000 members of BuyRangers have staked their claim.

The RST will be here for as long as it takes.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

It sounds like your priority is the retention of the RST as a body rather than the well-being of the club. I would suggest that is the RST's main problem. No non-member of the RST gives a damn whether or not this troubled group continues to exist. Your tired and predictable "some want to wreck it" whine misses the point entirely. Far too often, the RST falls back on this absurdly ill-conceived view as justification for its continuation.

If fan ownership ever occurs at Rangers, and I would welcome it fully, it will happen despite the RST, not because of it.

Until you accept and face up the fact that your view is utterly at odds with reality, the RST will remain a small fraction of the size of the Hearts Trust. What a tragic strapline for a Rangers fans group to carry.