The RST is a vehicle to bring about fan ownership.

Some want to wreck it, but of course their motivations may be based more on personal feelings than on intellectual judgement.

The idea that Rangers fans want to crash the one vehicle that will drive us out of this mess is as disappointing as it is absurd.

The approximate 2,000 members of BuyRangers have staked their claim.

The RST will be here for as long as it takes.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

If you are including me in "some" then I can only reiterate as I have done in the past that I am long past the stage of personal animosity towards the Trust with whose laudable objectives I am in complete in sympathy.

I also recognise from your posts that you are sincere in your belief that it is operating well and will achieve those objectives.

I disagree on both counts; IMHO it's time has come and gone; the half per cent of shares it owns, reflects that more than anything else.

Walter Smith told us that the Rangers board was dysfunctional.

Did we close down the club?

A very poor analogy: the board are running a Scottish Institution with 140 year history, up to £65 million in assets and a turnover that still reaches almost £20 million. RST........well you supply the figures?

Brahim, next to the shambles that is Rangers Football Club, the RST is as harmonious as a church choir and as smooth running as a Rolls Royce.

Our club is a mess, and its troubles have been well documented.

What should we do then?

Give up on it and start over?

Of course not.

We must strive to make it better. We must try and oust the negative elements and put the club on a safe footing once more.

If the RST has some current difficulties, it can and will get over them - just as Rangers Football Club must do with regard to its problems.

The RST is a vehicle to bring about fan ownership.

Some want to wreck it, but of course their motivations may be based more on personal feelings than on intellectual judgement.

The idea that Rangers fans want to crash the one vehicle that will drive us out of this mess is as disappointing as it is absurd.

The approximate 2,000 members of BuyRangers have staked their claim.

The RST will be here for as long as it takes.

Hildy Im sorry but I think that totally misses the point many on here are alluding to.

Its the serious infighting within the Trust itself culminating in this latest scenario - which is, and going back to the original point - "devaluing" the Trust.

D'Artagnan, after all that has happened to Rangers, it is most assuredly devalued.

I take it you won't be giving up on it?

Of course not, nor would I give up on the concept of fan ownership (I was an inaugural member of the RST)

But that doesnt stop people demanding, and rightly expecting, correct governance and conduct with regard to both.

I think all too often some within the RST blame the haters & detractors when in actual fact the real damage seems to be mostly self-inflicted.

D'Artagnan, I agree that the Trust must live up to high standards and get its house in order, but in the real world - as we can see at Rangers - the harsh reality of working together inevitably creates casualties and sees fallouts.

It's unfortunate, but it will happen again in the future - because people care enough and are passionate enough to profoundly disagree with each other - and sometimes things overheat.

What should not happen, though, is for us to be so politically immature as to imagine that the whole shooting match should be abandoned.

That's as daft as giving up on Rangers and starting a new club.