When Rangers fans are reduced to calling it a cult, their views can hardly be taken seriously.

Fine, take me jovially if that makes you feel better. But the fact is while your recently departed board members are threatening each other with police action, FoH have just completed their buyout of Hearts. They've achieved more in a few months than the increasingly irrelevant RST could ever dream of, including a membership three times the size of the tiny fraction of the Rangers support which you amassed in eleven years.

But of course this is all the fault of people who want to see you closed down, isn't that right? Yep, you guys are correct. It's all us pesky fans refusing to join you who have it wrong.

Good luck with the recruitment drive, I'll watch with interest.

Oh goody another club initiated group designed to destroy the rst.

If people won't give the easdales ticket money why would we join their club?

Hey Slinger If this new group looked like being successful, you could picket their meetings. That would show them.

D'Artagnan, I agree that the Trust must live up to high standards and get its house in order, but in the real world - as we can see at Rangers - the harsh reality of working together inevitably creates casualties and sees fallouts.

It's unfortunate, but it will happen again in the future - because people care enough and are passionate enough to profoundly disagree with each other - and sometimes things overheat.

What should not happen, though, is for us to be so politically immature as to imagine that the whole shooting match should be abandoned.

That's as daft as giving up on Rangers and starting a new club.

I have horrific waking nightmares that it'll come to that - like the Man U fans did when Glazers took over.

Oh goody another club initiated group designed to destroy the rst.

If people won't give the easdales ticket money why would we join their club?

I doubt that any such group is club initiated or is designed to destroy the RST. Sounds like there's a propoganda machine started already.

Edit - although perhaps we are talking about different things....

Edited by Bluedell

I, for one, am delighted the club is looking into providing a new group as there's no doubt the Assembly has struggled to really fulfil its remit.

It's up to us that any proposed new body is worthy of its aims rather than something as impotent and badly organised as its predecessor.

I have horrific waking nightmares that it'll come to that - like the Man U fans did when Glazers took over.

It's an interesting thought (not that I'm advocating it) as the supporters own the club and they have done very well, winning promotion in their first two seasons, reached the Second Round Proper of the FA Cup in the 2010–11 and currently just two levels outside the football league in the Northern Premier League Premier Division.

Chilledbear, any fan group should be independent of the club.

The Assembly was given thousands of pounds by the club, and that's a nonsense, maybe even a disgrace.

A club-funded group is effectively a boss's union.

It is not the way to proceed.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

It's an interesting thought (not that I'm advocating it) as the supporters own the club and they have done very well, winning promotion in their first two seasons, reached the Second Round Proper of the FA Cup in the 2010–11 and currently just two levels outside the football league in the Northern Premier League Premier Division.

yes, I am far from a liker of the rags.......but I do admire this group. The reason I find the thought horrific is the thought of abandoning Ibrox.