Neil Lennon was spat at, had coins thrown at him and was the subject of verbal abuse at Tynecastle, according to the Celtic manager's agent.

Lennon was watching Aberdeen's League Cup semi-final victory over St Johnstone and had to leave the game early, Martin Reilly told BBC Scotland.

He said: "I'm absolutely raging about the treatment of Neil, about the stewarding and the fans' behaviour.

"It's scandalous that Neil is treated like this."

Reilly said that Lennon and Celtic coach Gary Parker had to leave their seats in the main stand after 70 minutes of the game.

During the match, which Aberdeen won 4-0, play was held up briefly as two young supporters ran on to the park and got to the technical area, where Lennon was infamously attacked by a Hearts fan in 2011, before being apprehended by police and stewards.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26002727

two young supporters ran on to the park and got to the technical area, where Lennon was infamously attacked by a Hearts fan in 2011,

Hilarious - only the BBC (well maybe not only). Poor Neil must have been traumatised while sitting in the main stand remembering that he once was attacked (and was so terrified that he sunk a boot into his assailant while he was on the deck!) in that same technical area. Nobody does victim like the vicTIMS.

Normally I'd do this myself, but I'm up to my eyes in stuff right now - but could somebody put together a list of all the Irish/Northern Irish Catholic managers who have plied their trade in Scotland and then maybe list the instances of anti-Irish/anti-Northern Irish Catholic bigotry they have suffered or which have been reported? Because, honest to god, I can think of half a dozen Irish/Northern Irish Catholic managers off the top of my head who have managed to live and work here in complete peace without any expression of animosity.

In fact, I can only think of one Irish/Northern Irish Catholic manager who has been subjected to any expressions of animosity whatsoever.

And given that this one is neil lennon, I honestly wonder how much of the animosity exhibited towards him has to do with his heritage and how much is to do with the fact that he is a complete fanny of a man.

just read the drivel on the BBC web site and will simply say the following ( and you heard it here first, Brahim ;) ) Lennon has begun working his ticket out of the Meccanodome.

He doesn't want to leave his people, his blood, his kith and kin but due to the unrelenting bigotry of Hearts and Aberdeen and/or St Johnstone fans, he is left with no other choice than to seek employment n England because Scotland is so anti-irish and anti-catholic; Said no other irish manager. Ever.

Here's the link ...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11781/9146866/celtic-claim-aberdeen-fans-spat-at-neil-lennon-at-tynecastle

I've posted the last few lines of the article ...

Police Scotland said they had received no reports surrounding the incident.

A spokesperson said: "Police in Edinburgh have received no reports relating to assaults and abuse of anyone associated with Celtic Football Club or Heart of Midlothian Football Club following the match at Tynecastle."

The Scottish Professional Football League, which is responsible for security at the game, have declined to comment.

No corroborating witnesses ( apparently ), no complaint from Tynecastle Security, who do we believe?

I believe the BBC.

I think Richard Gordon and Stuart Cosgrove, as representatives of the clubs involved, ought to make an on air apology for the hideous sectarianism of their supporters.

Disgusting, toxic clubs etc

No-one else saw or heard anything. Clearly it's a sectarian conspiracy, from Aberdeen, St Johnstone and Hearts, plus the Police and Stewarding company.

In Aberdeen's case, it is the silence of the lambs....