It's the Sun so hopefully as untrue as many of their stories, but...

Murray gambled and lost. We suffered for that. Murray is to blame. But others are too.

Murray gambled to bring us all glory. It's quite different to the type of gamble this current mob are involved with. There wasn't too many people asking him to turn it in when we were splashing millions around.

Sir David Murray and LBG would have been well aware of Craig Whyte's less than agreeable past.

Deciding to sell to him - possibly with knowledge of his Ticketus intentions - is unforgivable.

That's assuming Murray had much choice in the matter, which he more than likely didn't. LBG is a different matter. Banks being morally bankrupt scumbags is hardly news.

That's assuming Murray had much choice in the matter, which he more than likely didn't. LBG is a different matter. Banks being morally bankrupt scumbags is hardly news.

Murray may or may not have had a choice. Either way, he stood back and let the transfer of ownership happen without so much of a murmur before then claiming to be 'duped' once Whyte's true calibre was known.

Murray may or may not have had a choice. Either way, he stood back and let the transfer of ownership happen without so much of a murmur before then claiming to be 'duped' once Whyte's true calibre was known.

I'm loathe to attempt to defend him too much. I can just see how it kinda happened, with him being tied in with confidentiality clauses etc. I admit, his claim that he was 'duped', is ridiculous, and pretty shameful. He would have been better saying nothing.

I'm loathe to attempt to defend him too much. I can just see how it kinda happened, with him being tied in with confidentiality clauses etc. I admit, his claim that he was 'duped', is ridiculous, and pretty shameful. He would have been better saying nothing.

Like I say, if SDM wanted the Rangers fans to know the real reputation of Craig Whyte, he'd have found a way to tell us - NDA or not.

Instead he and his bank were more interested in their own financial well being. That's fair enough but I hope neither are ever involved with the club again as I can forgive neither for their part in this sorry saga.

Murray gambled to bring us all glory. It's quite different to the type of gamble this current mob are involved with. There wasn't too many people asking him to turn it in when we were splashing millions around.

Murray made plenty out of Rangers and he wanted glory for his own ego nothing more.

People didn't ask him to turn it in because they wrongly assumed he was looking after us properly.

Like I say, if SDM wanted the Rangers fans to know the real reputation of Craig Whyte, he'd have found a way to tell us - NDA or not.

Instead he and his bank were more interested in their own financial well being. That's fair enough but I hope neither are ever involved with the club again as I can forgive neither for their part in this sorry saga.

Would it have done much good if he did warn us about Whyte? For all we know, it was Murray that tipped the wink to Johnston, who was in turn ignored by the majority of the support. It wasn't as if Whyte was welcomed with open arms by our then board. It's old ground now, but I think Murray gets painted as the bad guy, much more than he actually was, especially by certain people that are now fully behind the current regime.

Most people in power are almost always hated by the end of their tenure. That doesn't mean we can't appreciate some of the undoubted good that he brought to us. It's not a black/white situation, as most people make it out to be.

Murray made plenty out of Rangers and he wanted glory for his own ego nothing more.

People didn't ask him to turn it in because they wrongly assumed he was looking after us properly.

Just like people are wrongly assuming that the current mob are looking after us properly. At least back then we had a team worth watching.

Just like people are wrongly assuming that the current mob are looking after us properly. At least back then we had a team worth watching.

I'm not talking about the current mob am I? And there's not a lot of point comparing teams since Murray never had us in the Scottish lower leagues.

I guess it is interesting though that people who say 'Spivs out' constantly seem inclined to defend one of the longest term 'Spivs' we had. He didn't give a fuck about Rangers and never did, the success we had was to satisfy his ego hence the fiver tenner type comments and how he's done nothing at all to help since our collapse. Plus Rangers were a very successful club before Murray and we'd have remained so with or without him, it wasn't even him that started the Souness revolution as much as that wrongly get's said.