I'd hazard a guess that McMurdo was referring to things that he's seen typed about Daly by bangers and rockets on certain messageboards he lurks on.

It appears he googles a lot. Here's his latest ...

http://billmcmurdo.wordpress.com/2014/02/04/return-of-the-special-one/

A wee note on my recent mention of an “undercurrent of bigotry” towards Jon Daly from some in the Rangers support.

This is definitely there but it has to be emphasised that the vast majority of fans have no issue with Daly’s background. It is a very small minority who have a problem with Daly being from Ireland and Roman Catholic. And that is exactly what I am saying. As one poster pointed out in the Comments section, it is only to be expected that there would be some who objected to Daly’s being an Irish Catholic and it is preposterous to claim otherwise.

For my part, as a footballer, I have always rated him as a robust centre forward who, on his day, is a very dangerous striker. I was happy when Rangers signed him and I still like him in the team.

There are those who say I am lying about sectarian abuse by some Gers fans directed towards Daly. I have pointed out to them that this stuff is easily found on Google. That appears not to be good enough for some but using a computer or laptop is not what I blog on so those who can’t use the Google machine will have to get tuition elsewhere.

For regular readers of this blog only, I have compiled a list of online abuse directed towards Jon Daly. This will give them the ammo to shoot down in flames those who doubt my integrity.

Sadly for these doubters and haters, the pesky facts again prove to be their undoing.

Oh well, some never learn…

Any regular poster only need ask for the list. The rest can Google. If they can…

Who needs enemies when you've got slavering wizards running around flashing their wands at anyone who pays them a second's notice!

Google... If you huvnae heard o' it or cannae use it, it's fuckin MAGIC !!! :laugh:

Edited by Zappa

Ah so Message Boards count as sources now. Not too hard to to write something "substantial" then, is it. Can't believe this guy is serious.

He's a joke, a sick joke but still a joke. If message boards are "evidence" then anyone can create their own evidence by logging on under a different name and posting whatever it is they want to see there as "evidence"

He's a joke, a sick joke but still a joke. If message boards are "evidence" then anyone can create their own evidence by logging on under a different name and posting whatever it is they want to see there as "evidence"

This almost beats the journalistic expertise of a certain Phil Three Names .

It's the use of language that is wrong.

Undercurrent suggests a feeling, a movement, which is flowing along out of sight. The implication is plainly of a group of some size, not perhaps a majority but worthy of comment so therefore more than one or two. Whereas the reality appears to be the residue of bigots we are, alas, unable to stop clinging round the ankles of the club and especially posting on club messageboards.

Undercurrent suggests a feeling, a movement, which is flowing along out of sight. The implication is plainly of a group of some size, not perhaps a majority but worthy of comment so therefore more than one or two. Whereas the reality appears to be the residue of bigots we are, alas, unable to stop clinging round the ankles of the club and especially posting on club messageboards.

In a nutshell.

An undercurrent suggests something that is ongoing, organised and unlikely to stop any time soon. That isn't happening.

Are there one or two idiots out there? Sure but they're not organised and are in no way reflective of the vast majority of Rangers fans. That's the point McMurdo is (deliberately) missing.

His behaviour is a disgrace.

Agreed, and if you have to google it to find that there are a couple of people, who may or may not be Rangers fans, and nobody who goes to Ibrox is aware of it by any other means then it's not worthy of mention.