“There’s a well upon the hill from our ancient past

Where an age is standing still holding strong and fast

And there’s those that try to tame it and to carve it into stone

Ah but words cannot extinguish it however hard they’re thrown”

I have to confess to giving in to one of my vices on Saturday. Despite now declaring myself a non-smoker, if truth be told I occasionally indulge in the odd puff, perhaps about 8 times a year in total.I have to say Saturday’s indulgence in the Wee Rangers Club had unexpected benefits. Those who are familiar with the “Smoking Area” at this establishment will know that the gantry affords a view of the Campsie Fells, with the peak of Dumgoyne just visible.

These hills stand like towering guardians watching over our city. They are to Glasgow what the Pentlands are to Edinburgh, the Sidlaws to Dundee and the Ochils to Stirling. They have an enduring quality to them. earned by maintaining such a presence despite the ravages of nature throwing everything it has at them over countless years.

And that thought comforted me in lieu of the latest attack on our club by Phil MacGiollaBhain, referring to us as “Stalag Sevco”. This one can be added to his previous soundbites of “Herrenvolk” “Klan” and “Underclass”. It’s not particularly difficult to see the theme which is developing here. Sadly. Mr MacGiollaBhain has been assisted in his endeavours by some in the mainstream media who have been only too willing to repeat such soundbites.

For a self-confessed Celtic fan Mr MacGiollaBhain appears to spend a lot of his time writing and tweeting about Rangers. In fact his book – Downfall – not surprisingly is about Rangers. And whilst many cite the Sun comments about Mr MacGiollaBhain as being “tarred with a sickening sectarian brush” perhaps the Scotsman’s review of his book is more telling :-

“The sirens started to sound at the first of several references to Rangers supporters as “the Ibrox klan”. The author makes no attempt to disguise his hatred for Rangers, stating at one stage “please let this football club die”. And yet he yearns to be taken seriously as a journalist, repeatedly complaining that no-one from the mainstream media ever calls him. As the tale unravels, Mac Giolla Bhain starts to disappear up his own rear, declaring: “I am aware of my own contribution and I rather like the guy I see in the shaving mirror every morning.” These are two classic mistakes: believing you are the story, and wanting a story to be true. When it’s not.”

Which makes you wonder – if a man who “makes no attempt to disguise his hatred for Rangers” – can carve a career for himself courtesy of that hatred – shouldn’t a few more sirens be sounding in this country of ours ?

I used to cycle up to the Campsies as a lad. Used to stop at Lennoxtown too. I wouldn't stop there now.

Apparently Delahunt told a caller off for dismissing ill Phil as a Rangers' hater yesterday. Perhaps he can't read. Then again he must know as he follows the social worker on twitter.

I used to cycle up to the Campsies as a lad. Used to stop at Lennoxtown too. I wouldn't stop there now.

Apparently Delahunt told a caller off for dismissing ill Phil as a Rangers' hater yesterday. Perhaps he can't read. Then again he must know as he follows the social worker on twitter.

And in doing so Steve provide him with a credibility which is undeserved

Delahunt and others who give this chancer credibility are the lowest of the low.

Mad Phil is one of the worst conduits for genuine hate in this country yet Radio Clyde permit their host to defend him.

That Radio Clyde can say anything they want with no consequences, is quite frankly unbelievable.

A broadcaster from Glasgow talking like this about a Glasgow team and their supporters, I would never have believed they would get away with it for so long.

Perhaps it says more about us than them.

In the last 25 years at Radio Snyde, the Objective Host of ra Show has been a Sellik supporter in four guises.

1. Paul Cooney. He combined Chief Executive with Objective Host of ra Show. Former PRO of his beloved Sellik in the early-mid 80s, many would argue he never stopped doing the job.

2. Peter Martin aka Peter McGuire aka Bitter Martin. Thirty years past, Bitter hosted pub quizzes around Lanarkshire, he was self-styled, 'the Biggest Tim in Newarthill'.

3. Jim Delahunt. Combined presenting sports news on STV with riding National Hunt. He jockeyed into host of Scotsport, sharing presenting with John Colqhoun and Andy Walker. Jim is a practioner of careful hate.

4. Gerry McCulloch. Yep, it's all true, Gerry plays the piano at the Corinthian and hosted TicTalk on Sellik TV for six years. After two years regularly deputising for Jim ra Tim, Gerry still thinks he is hosting TicTalk.

Delahunt, like Cosgrove was an absolute slave to the RTC Blog. A period over a year saw Jim utilising a stooge, usually second or third call to raise the next point from the Blog. Jim would announce, "we can now talk about this" and his fellow Yahoos poured on with unfettered hate. When the club won the first tier tax case, Delahunt's reaction was one word, "surprising". Like Cosgrove, he did not care, he had had his fun, big time.

Amid the maelstrom, Jim attempted to lionise and I believe introduce ill Phil as a regular contributor to the show. He was accepting regular calls and in turn was calling him for updates on the story. He was, 'a good friend of the show'. Delahunt would introduce him, "as a journalist from Donegal who has built his own substantial platform". Jim was keen to let the listenership know that Phil was the Irish rep' for the NUJ. However, Phil's piece, 'the Incubator' which led the Sun's Editor to state, "clearly, he is tarred with the sectarian brush" has seen Jim park Phil's star. The events of last week would appear to show Jim intends to resurrect his substantial platform.

Another bon mot from Delahunt over last weekend. Ra Sellik's purchase of Leigh Griffiths was being shored up by platitude, 'a better touch than Hooper', 'who's to say he won't be a CL success, 'Lenny will sort out his private life', ............................ etc. Ian McCall got all inconvenient on Jim's parade, "didn't Neil say at the end of last season that any of the four PotY nominees, including Leigh Griffiths would fail to make his team". Jim launched into the broadcast(as all objective Hosts of ra Show should), nails bared and spitting venom, "aw come on Ian, that was emotional sentiment, just pure emotional sentiment on Neil's part".

Seriously, 'pure emotional sentiment on Neil's part'?

Given the above information over 25 years, the only question any Bear should put to Jim ra Tim is, 'do you have to be a Sellik supporter to be the Objective Host of ra Show'?