Maybe the comments in press spurred them on and made them raise their game?,some times it's not about tactics but more about application?,maybe the players should have a hard look at themselves when they can put in the amount of effort they did tonight but not other games?,attitude?.

It must be hard to motivate yourself week in week out in a league that is all but won.

Let's not forget how good some of our preseason outings were. We have the players but lack the motivation week in week out.

Is this a serious post?

I don't recall us performing like we did tonight when the league was not already won.

Is this a serious post?

I don't recall us performing like we did tonight when the league was not already won.

Of course it's a serious post - backed up with some facts. How rude are you?!

We did indeed play well in preseason and forgive me if I am not correct in saying we were scoring up until recently on average 4 goals a game.

People tend to forget the good stuff and focus on the turgid performances on the weather beaten winter pitches - however lets not forget we are still undefeated despite recent performance levels.

We did indeed play well in preseason and forgive me if I am not correct in saying we were scoring up until recently on average 4 goals a game.

People tend to forget the good stuff and focus on the turgid performances on the weather beaten winter pitches - however lets not forget we are still undefeated despite recent performance levels.

I'm not talking about goal tallys against vastly inferior opposition. I'm talking about playing football the way it should be played. We did it tonight. We rarely have this season. Long may it continue.

Pre-season? I only was at at Sheffield, an occasion to rise to.... . That was absolutely dire (on the pitch).

Anyway, let's not have a bickering thread and just enjoy last night for a few hours...