The impact of the Blue Pound on the lower leagues

I can't see it mate. If there was any sort of conspiracy regarding the Scottish Cup draws, then I think we would have ended up with a tougher QF draw and an away draw too. Albion Rovers have just been lucky, but then you could even argue that if they were REALLY lucky they would have got an easier QF draw at home with the prospect of a SF at Ibrox...

I'm sure GS was being facetious, weren't you Gunslinger?

Reflecting on our stay in SFL 3 last season, Division One this campaign, various cup games and all, has it actually been determined how much money has been handed down to the ailing lower league sides due to our predicament?

I've got no idea what's happening with our TV & broadcasting income this season, but last season before the SPL/SFL merger and formation of the new SPFL I think that our TV & broadcasting income was basically given to the SFL and then divided up amongst the SFL clubs. Not sure whether it was divided up amongst all 30 clubs or just the clubs in our league last season, but other SFL clubs certainly benefited from our televised games and broadcasting contracts. If it was a 30-way split of broadcasting revenues, then it would have amounted to peanuts for each club and with very little trickling down from the top tier due to them having no sponsorship and lower broadcasting income, then I think it would be understandable that small clubs like Albion and many others felt a notable pinch.

Yip that's why the second home game the ticket price was a little higher, does that figure include any TV monies as both games were shown on Sky?

No but I know a man who does. I'll come back on that.

For the first game they charged £10 which was the same as they have charged for the last 11 years; but they found that £5.50 from each ticket went on police charges. Home fans got one ticket at £10 for the second game and the second at £15; whereas we paid £15; but I reckon that was more than fair and good luck to them. They are a nice club, well run with no debt.

Where have you been sleeping dB try my#57 in the Scottish Cup Draw thread!

Hey, I was sure to miss the odd reply in that 100plus posts thread! ;) Then again, my question is a touch more general than just Albion Rovers' gain here. As in: you do wonder how much more money the games against Rangers brought into the coffers of the SFL 3 sides. As opposed to seasons before and now.

Hey, I was sure to miss the odd reply in that 100plus posts thread! ;) Then again, my question is a touch more general than just Albion Rovers' gain here. As in: you do wonder how much more money the games against Rangers brought into the coffers of the SFL 3 sides. As opposed to seasons before and now.

No excuses for missing my posts if you don't mind; but at a rough guess I'd say upwards of £500,000.

I know one of one of the ground staff a Berwick Rangers, he's a bluenose. He told me playing Rangers twice was like a lottery win for them, further he told me of the great reception their directors and staff had from Ally and his staff and our club. Ok he was probably star struck and a wee bit biased but he is an honest Bear and i could see it was from the heart.

Who is the person you know?,I played for Berwick Rangers in 1982/83

I can't see it mate. If there was any sort of conspiracy regarding the Scottish Cup draws, then I think we would have ended up with a tougher QF draw and an away draw too. Albion Rovers have just been lucky, but then you could even argue that if they were REALLY lucky they would have got an easier QF draw at home with the prospect of a SF at Ibrox...

Nice to see that sense of humour bypasses are still available on the NHS.