Lee McCulloch feels his team could be on the verge of a special season

Rangers captain Lee McCulloch feels his team could be on the verge of a special season as they chase silverware on three fronts.

Rangers set up an Ibrox William Hill Scottish Cup quarter-final against Albion Rovers with a 4-0 win over Dunfermline on Friday, the team they lead by 23 points at the top of League One.

Ally McCoist's team also have a Ramsdens Cup final against Raith Rovers to look forward to on April 6 and McCulloch, who recently claimed Rangers deserved more credit for their record this season, is desperate for any silverware.

"It's a good chance to put a cup run together," said McCulloch, who was promoting the club's quarter season tickets.

"We are in another cup final, that a lot of people have forgotten about, and we are doing very well in the league, if you are looking at the stats.

"We have a chance as players, management, to have a very, very successful season.

"Scottish Cup, league, Ramsdens Cup, any success you have got to grab with two hands.

"When you are playing at a club like this, you are judged on success and what you win. You are not judged on the amount of appearances you have. It's all about 'What have you won'?"

McCulloch recently argued there was a "very thin line" between League One and the Scottish Premiership and he feels the cup action, with only three top-flight teams having booked their place in the last eight so far, has vindicated him.

"Yes, it does," he said. "I think that was blown out of proportion slightly.

"What I was saying was that there wasn't as big a gap as people were making out from some of the SPL teams to the so-called lower-league teams.

"I didn't insinuate anything about Celtic. What I meant was maybe the bottom six of the SPL."

And McCulloch feels League Cup finalists Aberdeen should be considered favourites ahead of Rangers, despite the Ibrox club's bigger budget.

"You've got to look at Aberdeen, already in a cup final and doing really, really well this season. So, for me, you would probably say Aberdeen. We know what we have got to do. We have a chance to progress and that's all it is.

"I'm delighted to get a home tie but it's going to be a difficult game.

"They've got a good manager and a decent team and no doubt they will make it difficult for us. It's a game we definitely don't think we have won already."

http://sport.bt.com/sportfootball/football/scottishfootball/scottishpremierleague/treble-chance-delights-mcculloch-S11363875143069

The league is in the bag, we should win the Ramsdens, but its the Scottish Cup that should give the players fire in their belly now until the end of the season. Its something to play for and every player should raise their game now by 20%. Its certainly winnable.

I personally didn't expect to even reach a Scottish cup final for a good few years yet but after last weekend there is a carrot dangling there for the team. But one game at a time, need to do the job against Albion then look forward to a semi at Ibrox.

The excitement over our Scottish Cup campaign in particular is understandable, but we need to actually produce some impressive performances most weeks, the league is done in terms of results and the table but it was done before a ball was kicked. The fans deserve entertainment.

On paper. In reality we have been atrocious.

Let me ask you something, do you watch RangersTV.tv? They have this feature running right now that is called 'ON THIS DAY ...' and it shows you matches from previous Rangers' games in years past..

I just watched the game on Feb 10 2010, and it was between Motherwell and Rangers at Fir Park. This team as far as I remember was McGregor; Broadfoot Weir Bougherra Papac; Davis McCullough Naismith Whittaker; Boyd & Miller. Subs in the second half were Novo & Lafferty.

For a start the pitch was a coup, and the standard of football from Rangers in the first half was worse than atrocious.

It ended in a 1-1 tie, with Boyd equalizing late on in the second half. Motherwell had a perfectly good goal knocked off for offside.

The point is that team was probably worth 50 million pounds or so, and you keep knocking the present day side as if it was the worst ever. It's not.

This kind of poor football is Scottish football, with a few exceptions now and again. In the past month or so there have been an awful lot of games, from Souness through Smith-2 that have been hard to watch. Big punts up the park and missed passes under five yards.

I don't know exactly what it is you are lamenting because really, it is not too much off of the standard as exhibited in these past games and yet we won trebles etc. Bud, it is what it is.

On paper. In reality we have been atrocious.

In reality, we have won every league game and drawn the other, got to the final of the Ramsden's Cup, and are in with a great shout of winning the Scottish Cup.

How atrocious do things get?