Poll for Date for Saturday after Match Dinner (provisionally known as Bears Picnic)

Which date do you prefer for the inaugral Gersnet Dinner  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which date do you prefer for the inaugral Gersnet Dinner

• Saturday 15 March v Dunfermline
    • Saturday 12th or Sunday 13th April (SC Semi Final)
    • Saturday 26 April v Stranraer

All those interested in attending the dinner please vote on preferred dates.

I have included the day of the Scottish Cup Semi Final on the basis that there would seem to be a reasonable chance that we might be involved, although we do not know if we would be playing on the Saturday or the Sunday. I have excluded the Scottish Cup Final date 17 May for obvious reasons.

There is also the possibility that any match might be moved for TV and I suppose an early kick off might give us more time to eat and drink!

Admin please close/delete first poll and merge the threads, thanks.

An end of season dinner should be near the end of the season IMO. I voted Stranraer game.

However that is likely to be last home game of season and therefore trophy presentation day and probably moved for TV.

Last home game of the season might clash with a lot of other end of season bashes, so in hindsight might not be best option for some of us.

An end of season dinner should be near the end of the season IMO. I voted Stranraer game.

However that is likely to be last home game of season and therefore trophy presentation day and probably moved for TV.

Last home game of the season might clash with a lot of other end of season bashes, so in hindsight might not be best option for some of us.

Whilst noting and accepting your valid comments TB, there were not a lot of options available once folks had set on a Saturday night. You'll note that in this thread I haven't referred to it as an end of season dinner.

I don't know you but I am sure you are experienced enough to realise that in this type of situation there are always going to be organisational difficulties especially as you suggest with the likelihood of fixtures being moved. That means that if you plan far in advance, you may well be thwarted but if you wait till the fixtures are confirmed then some folks will say that they have made other arrangements.

Personally I have voted for Dunfermline for that reason and also because we may well have won or win the league then.

I'd prefer may.

Well unless you can guarantee we are going to be in the cup final, that's not really an option; and if we wait till after the semi and we lose then we are all out of options and if we win it's very short notice and a lot of folks will say they have other plans for after the cup final.

As I said, we know we will not please everyone but the important thing (IMHO) is to get it established.