There is no political will in Scotland to tackle the issue that is Celtic FC & their vile support.

Politicians of all political parties are unwilling to confront this issue for fear of losing votes and you have the guillible electorate who elect the likes of Michael McMahon & his daughter Siobhan as Labour MSP's and you can see why they get away with what the OP is about. Both seem to be actively supporting a forbidden anti-british terrorist movement who killed UK citizens but both of them represent a UK political party. Someone needs to explain that one to me.

Then there's the considerable influence they have from both the legal profession & media which they use to gloss over their 'misdemeanours' but exploit ours to maximum effect.

I genuinely fear for this small country of ours I really do.

Is there anyone in Scotland prepared to write to their MP or MSP, or even Police Scotland about this song being objectionable and having it dealt with under the OBA? Alternatively could it not be handled under the Terrorism Act as showing overt support for a banned terrorist organization? As long as there is no pressure to act put on these austere bodies and individuals then nothing will happen. Sinn Fein has no say in how the U.K. is run.

On the other hand, the higher up the charts this goes the more onus there is on people to comment.

If it gets to No.1 there's really no way people can avoid passing comment and, whether they like it or not, judgement.

Sadly Andy, I won't be holding my breath that anyone at the top in Scotland will be willing to pass comment or judgement even if this gets to Number One.

have the terrorists ever gone away
Nope, they now don suits and hob nob with the most powerful country in the world every St Patrick's day.

Yes, the guys who decided who lived and who died at the hands of the republican death squads are now in government and misshaping my country's future.

Who was it that said the terrorists can't win? How far off the mark were they?

It's utterly soul destroying when you remember friends and family who fought so hard to keep us safe from that cowardly band of murderous scum.

I truly despair! As you may well have guessed.

For those who fell, I will never forget my debt to you. Sleep well!

Anger at Celtic fans’ support for song ‘glorifying’ hunger-strikers

A group representing victims of terrorism has written to Celtic Football Club urging it to publicly distance itself from a “disgraceful” initiative by fans.

Campaign group Fans Against Criminalisation caused widespread anger when it organised the promotion of a song commemorating IRA hunger strikers - in response to government attempts to eradicate sectarianism from Scottish football.

Recorded by the Irish Brigade, the song Roll of Honour temporarily reached number 24 on UK music download charts after they gave permission for its use by the Celtic supporters’ amalgamation.

In a statement the band said the song was written at a time of great social and political upheaval.

“It was to commemorate the sacrifice of ten young men who died in the Hunger Strike of 1981. They, too, were protesting against criminalisation,” it said.

Kenny Donaldson of IVU said his group had grave reservations over the “naked, vitriolic pro terrorism sentiments” used in connection with the football club’s name.

“There is no place within society for the promotion of terrorism and criminality.

“Such practices simply must be rooted out or we will condemn a further generation to the hatred and intolerance practiced by some of their forebears who legitimised the use of violence as a means to further their so-called political objectives.

“This ‘Roll of Honour’ song is an outrage and will have the effect of causing great hurt and trauma to those who have already lost most in this society already - the innocent victims and survivors of terrorism,” Mr Donaldson added.

The fans’ campaign follows the introduction of the Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communication (Scotland) Act.

One Celtic fan has already been convicted under the act for singing the Roll of Honour song.

DUP MP Nigel Dodds called the campaign to get the song in the charts “sectarian”.

He said: “On sales to date it seems likely that this song will feature in the top 40, but many people would find it deeply offensive if a song glorifying terrorism were to be played during such a programme.”

Ulster Unionist justice spokesman Tom Elliott has also expressed his disgust at the Celtic fans’ campaign.

“Quite what this has to do with the first British football club to win the European Cup is beyond me.

“What is clear however, is that Celtic FC has a major problem with the presence of these people in their midst, and I therefore call on Celtic to totally disown them and the fans organisations they claim to represent and to state what actions they propose to take against those who would seek to use their association with Celtic FC to both defend and glorify terrorism.”

Last night Celtic Football Club had not responded to a request for comment.

http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/anger-at-celtic-fans-support-for-song-glorifying-hunger-strikers-1-5879323

Surely there is then a fear Andy that it becomes welcomed, allowed, encouraged and even unbanned?

I don't really have a problem with it being unbanned - it's a free country and the freedom to display what an arse you are is part of that. But as for the rest, I don't think so, to be honest: even amongst tims this is a minority of twats, otherwise it'd rocket to No.1. Just the usual cretinous parasites which show our town in such a terrible light. I hope so, anyway!

Here is McMurdo's latest. Quite good actually ...

http://billmcmurdo.wordpress.com/2014/02/15/fans-against-decency/

February 15, 2014 by billmcmurdo Fans Against Decency

Anyone who doubts that Celtic FC has a problem with bigotry in its support need only look at the singles chart for downloads, which has the repulsive “Roll of Honour” coming in at number 24.

The song is being hyped by FAC – Fans Against Criminalisation – a group of Celtic fans who are seeking to defy the Scottish Government’s Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications (Scotland) Act 2012 . Under this Act, this song is prohibited from being sung at football matches.

The whole episode is a reminder of the embarrassing problem Celtic have with a politically active element of their support. Many observers believe that those in this faction have virtually taken over Celtic in that the club is terrified to confront them. Decent Celtic fans have communicated to me that they despise what this faction is doing to the club and some parents refuse to take their kids to Celtic games while the uber section is there.

Disgusting pro-IRA chants can clearly be heard at games involving Celtic and there have been several incidents of violence and thuggery at grounds in recent months, including Dens Park and Fir Park.

FAC’s promotion of Roll of Honour is a defiant gesture towards the Scottish Government and a clear mockery of the law. My personal view on this piece of legislation is that it is flawed but I would always urge every fan of any club to obey the law.

The ball is very much now in the court of the Scottish Government to see if they will uphold their own law or capitulate to those who glorify terrorist murderers. I have no doubt that this campaign of disobedience will continue from the likes of FAC and those who are behind them. That campaign is certainly not going to remain civil and it is decidedly not decent.

One good thing about the song going up the charts is it lets a watching world know what levels of sectarianism and bigotry there are in our troubled country. Another benefit is that, while there will no doubt be a brief sense of sneering triumphalism experienced by the cretins who support this song and its ideology, the entire matter will only help harden the determination of decent football people in England to ensure that Celtic never achieve their stated objective of playing in the league setup down south.

If there is any intelligence or gumption left in the custodians of this club, there has to be the recognition that such rancid displays of devotion to cowardly killers is both a massive deterrent to English football welcoming Celtic and a dangerous flaunting of defiance to a UEFA which has already had to punish Celtic for overt politicisation in its support.

Clearly those Celtic fans who are behind all this have zero respect for the rule of law and that should be deeply worrying to the authorities in this country.

The irony of a song title which speaks of honour sung to praise cowards who had none is not lost on decent people.

It’s time for the decent people of Scotland to send a message that we do not want the despicable culture of terrorist glorification here.