While I don't want to sound negative about the proposed CIC scheme in any way, the truth of the matter is some of it is verging on complete moonbeams.

If Paul Goodwin, Richard Atkinson or anyone else think that 20,000 direct debits at £15 or £20 per month is a realistic target for something which is being run independently of the Club, then I think they are stark raving mad.

The Club itself could perhaps get those sort of numbers for a new membership scheme which the Club promotes and sells, but allows elected fan reps to run and have a seat or two on the Club board, but 20k DDs for an independent fan ownership initiative is pie in the sky nonsense.

More realism and less moonbeams are required or feasibility and credibility along with it, just go right out of the window.

While I don't want to sound negative about the proposed CIC scheme in any way, the truth of the matter is some of it is verging on complete moonbeams.

If Paul Goodwin, Richard Atkinson or anyone else think that 20,000 direct debits at £15 or £20 per month is a realistic target for something which is being run independently of the Club, then I think they are stark raving mad.

The Club itself could perhaps get those sort of numbers for a new membership scheme which the Club promotes and sells, but allows elected fan reps to run and have a seat or two on the Club board, but 20k DDs for an independent fan ownership initiative is pie in the sky nonsense.

More realism and less moonbeams are required or feasibility and credibility along with it, just go right out of the window.

To be honest Zappa , I feel entirely the opposite , the very fact that it is independent with a committee elected is what is appealing to me , the fact that in the past we have had Rangers schemes that have failed dramatically , whether its gersave , buyrangers or whatever proves that , also there is no way in hell at this present time with this present board that you will get 2000 never mind 20,000 signing up to anything official , but thats only my opinion

I'm not so sure, Zappa - for example, were this to make a good start and attract some "big name" players/ex-players advocating it as the way forward....it could happen. It's only 50p per day . I'd rather give that to Rangers than a newspaper. It's a pint or two (depending on where you live) a week fewer. Seems worth it to me.

The RST's BuyRangers scheme also states completely unrealistic targets. The Trust has been running for over a decade, so you'd think they would at least have mastered the art of being realistic, but no, instead of being realistic they have to state that their target is 50+%. Erm, in which century? :facepalm:

To be honest Zappa , I feel entirely the opposite , the very fact that it is independent with a committee elected is what is appealing to me , the fact that in the past we have had Rangers schemes that have failed dramatically , whether its gersave , buyrangers or whatever proves that , also there is no way in hell at this present time with this present board that you will get 2000 never mind 20,000 signing up to anything official , but thats only my opinion

Gersave and BuyRangers weren't promoted and sold by the Club though and it's only something officially supported, promoted and sold by the Club which will get anywhere near the sort of numbers being spoken about like 20,000 direct debits.

Gersave and BuyRangers weren't promoted and sold by the Club though and it's only something officially supported, promoted and sold by the Club which will get anywhere near the sort of numbers being spoken about like 20,000 direct debits.

Not in this day and age and definitely not with this board , the whole selling point for me is the independence , and I dont think that the numbers and amounts quoted are unrealistic , especially if they get well known Rangers to get behind it , Gough etc

Just back from the meeting which ran on until after 1.30pm.

Andy is off on Valentine's duties this afternoon and I will be this evening.

So we have agreed that I will draft a report and send it to him to review and publish on here asap (probably at some point this evening).

However, in the short term; it was the unanimous decision of the meeting that a CIC was the way forward to unite Rangers fans in the worldwide diaspora in a fund raising scheme with the object not just of buying shares but also funding other projects.

A working party is being formed and I have put my name forward.

I don't think you'll find 20k people willing to sacrifice £180-240 a year. That's almost a season ticket these days. Maybe a tenth of that. That said, when we get promoted to the premiership, I hope the boycotting of other grounds leaves about 5k fans with a load of money in their pockets.