Sorry to throw in another negative, but again it comes back to 'moonbeams' because it's a serious stretch to imagine that certain fractures in our support will miraculously be welded back together for the better good. They should be and I'm sure most of us wish all the baggage and bad reps would just evaporate, but the chances of that happening are practically zilch.

New faces and fresh ideas is the only way to go. Obviously there needs to be support from the right people like ex-players and Club legends, but that's not a stumbling block. Baggage is a stumbling block.

Yes, that's what I was hinting at elsewhere but trying not to be unkind to people putting their energies into this new scheme for which I'd rather express praise and gratitude. Old faces = baggage, mistrust, divisions. I worry this will derail the good train "save Rangers" before it even leaves the station.

Crawford01, you are probably correct re Share schemes, i think I'd need someone like Walter Smith to persuade me to put in to yet another one, or less sentimentally, some reasoned financial plan, future. The RFF worries me a bit because I told my mum to contribute to that too and I've never been able to tell her what her money went toward. I did too of course but you feel guilty when its someone else that you've told to donate to.

Remember, not everyone has to commit to that, that's just weighted averages based upon what others have achieved

As sergeant Wilson used to say "do you think that's wise, sir?" Not querying your capabilities but is this not likely to be controversial to some/many, or to reopen scarcely closed wounds?

If I am out of line I apologize, I know the history is a complex one and I was not there but just going by recent events on this forum it would seem potentially divisive.

Then again I may be misunderstanding those recent spats

I am obviously aware of this and have had a PM along similar lines.

My personal feeling is that it is time to move on.

I believe that my experience with the RST and SD nationally and SDS puts me in a unique position to help this project and to that end, I am willing to stand whatever brickbats come my way from certain quarters. However, I will make the possible pitfalls 100% clear at the first meetting of the working group and if the feeling is that I would be a hindrance rather than a help I will, of course, step down.

My own feeling is that Mr Dingwall is a far more divisive figure amongst the Rangers support than I ever was or will be. I am quite sure that 99% of Rangers fans do not know my name. The same cannot be said for Mr Dingwall. I will not resort to name calling or inuendo of any kind. As I have said before I only deal in facts that I can prove.

I shook hands with Christine (aka plgsarmy) after the meeting and as I said I believe it is time to let bygones be bygones for the greater good.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Andy has put up a very good summary of what was said and I will concentrate on the detail (as is my want) in the report that I am starting now but probabaly won't finish before leaving for Ayr.

I will definitely get it up (well perhaps I should rephrase that) tonight, though it might be quite late.

Sorry to throw in another negative, but again it comes back to 'moonbeams' because it's a serious stretch to imagine that certain fractures in our support will miraculously be welded back together for the better good. They should be and I'm sure most of us wish all the baggage and bad reps would just evaporate, but the chances of that happening are practically zilch.

New faces and fresh ideas is the only way to go. Obviously there needs to be support from the right people like ex-players and Club legends, but that's not a stumbling block. Baggage is a stumbling block.

This is a real issue, I agree.

Due to the length of the meeting, I refrained from raising a few negative issues I had; some are 'devil's advocate' but they should be examined, just the same. But we were there for nigh on 3 and a half hours and time was up!

There's a two sided coin in terms of what SDS consider negativity, their response is to ignore it and plough on. That's a little difficult for us, since the people who are likely to be most hostile wield an unfortunate amount of influence. Ignoring them might allow the ball to start rolling and build momentum, or it might burst said ba' before we even get to the park. It's a hard circle to square.

I did ask Richard from SDS to provide something concrete which we could present as proving, indisputably, that SDS were clean, on the level, etc. but didn't get much beyond a personal assurance and the legal guarantees on their website which, sadly, won't be enough for some as we all know. Richard did look a little like a cross between Craig Whyte and Kessler from Secret Army so perhaps a glance at his forbidding visage, and equally forbidding waistcoat, may be enough. I'm afraid there is going to have to be a level of trust for this to work which is not just lacking but completely absent in our fanbase.

Also, I wonder whether this will be practical in getting the club to the level we want it at, ie competing in Europe. The mechanism whereby HNWI can contribute helps on that front, but I am still slightly doubtful that it would accrue the cash we would need, and I wonder whether fan ownership might not forever peg the club at the level of say a Dundee Utd or a Kilmarnock. Not good enough, we'd all agree.

In the end the first thing we need is a level of maturity no-one has seen for as long. If it doesn't work after that (and you can see I have my doubts) at least we tried and we will have a single body without faction to show for it. That alone makes me throw my ample poundage behind the plan.

If someone has a personal issue with someone else, too bad. If someone is holding things back, they either need to acknowledge it or be politely but firmly told. The time for adolescent squabbling between grown ups is not only past now it was past about five years ago - easier said than done? Only if we make it so. I've no doubt at all that most everyone has stuff in their personal life going on which makes fighting about the football look like small beer indeed: despite how important Rangers is to us all it shouldn't be beyond us to take informed decisions in an adult fashion.

Those who don't will be seen for what they are, and hopefully accorded about as much attention as my 15 year old stomping his way back up the stairs to his PC Kingdom in the bedroom.

I am obviously aware of this and have had a PM along similar lines.

My personal feeling is that it is time to move on.

I believe that my experience with the RST and SD nationally and SDS puts me in a unique position to help this project and to that end, I am willing to stand whatever brickbats come my way from certain quarters. However, I will make the possible pitfalls 100% clear at the first meetting on the working group and if the feeling is that I would be a hindrance rather than a help I will, of course, step down.

My own feeling is that Mr Dingwall is a far more divisive figure amongst the Rangers support than I ever was or will be. I am quite sure that 99% of Rangers fans do not know my name. The same cannot be said for Mr Dingwall. I will not resort to name calling or inuendo of any kind. As I have said before I only deal in facts that I can prove.

I shook hands with Christine (aka plgsarmy) after the meeting and as I said I believe it is time to let bygones be bygones for the greater good.

Great to read. I was hesitant about posting my worry. As I said on a later post, I am full of praise and gratitude to those putting the time and effort in. I am pinning a lot of hopes on this new venture and I wanted to air my concern without appearing an ungrateful b@st@rd.

Edited by SteveC

The success of this scheme will be to get up a head of steam and get behind recognised club icons , Gough , Numan etc etc , we have proved in the past when we actually can be arsed we are a force to be reckoned with (the support I mean )

This is a real issue, I agree.

Due to the length of the meeting, I refrained from raising a few negative issues I had; some are 'devil's advocate' but they should be examined, just the same. But we were there for nigh on 3 and a half hours and time was up!

There's a two sided coin in terms of what SDS consider negativity, their response is to ignore it and plough on. That's a little difficult for us, since the people who are likely to be most hostile wield an unfortunate amount of influence. Ignoring them might allow the ball to start rolling and build momentum, or it might burst said ba' before we even get to the park. It's a hard circle to square.

I did ask Richard from SDS to provide something concrete which we could present as proving, indisputably, that SDS were clean, on the level, etc. but didn't get much beyond a personal assurance and the legal guarantees on their website which, sadly, won't be enough for some as we all know. Richard did look a little like a cross between Craig Whyte and Kessler from Secret Army so perhaps a glance at his forbidding visage, and equally forbidding waistcoat, may be enough. I'm afraid there is going to have to be a level of trust for this to work which is not just lacking but completely absent in our fanbase.

Also, I wonder whether this will be practical in getting the club to the level we want it at, ie competing in Europe. The mechanism whereby HNWI can contribute helps on that front, but I am still slightly doubtful that it would accrue the cash we would need, and I wonder whether fan ownership might not forever peg the club at the level of say a Dundee Utd or a Kilmarnock. Not good enough, we'd all agree.

In the end the first thing we need is a level of maturity no-one has seen for as long. If it doesn't work after that (and you can see I have my doubts) at least we tried and we will have a single body without faction to show for it. That alone makes me throw my ample poundage behind the plan.

If someone has a personal issue with someone else, too bad. If someone is holding things back, they either need to acknowledge it or be politely but firmly told. The time for adolescent squabbling between grown ups is not only past now it was past about five years ago - easier said than done? Only if we make it so. I've no doubt at all that most everyone has stuff in their personal life going on which makes fighting about the football look like small beer indeed: despite how important Rangers is to us all it shouldn't be beyond us to take informed decisions in an adult fashion.

Those who don't will be seen for what they are, and hopefully accorded about as much attention as my 15 year old stomping his way back up the stairs to his PC Kingdom in the bedroom.

Interesting to note that sentiments such as the line highlighted above are now accepted on here without comment. Had I made a similar point on here any time up to the last ten days or so, a torrent of censure would have ensued. That's progress!