IAN Black has vowed to earn a new deal with Rangers - and help the Ibrox club complete every stage of 'The Journey'.

The former Inverness Caledonian Thistle and Hearts man is out of contract at the end of next season.

But he is keen to pledge his future to Rangers so he can help them compete against their Old Firm rivals.

Black said: "I have been consistent this season and the manager has been happy enough to play me every week. I have been doing something right.

"I just need to work hard, keep my head down and try to earn myself a new contract.

"I have got this year and next season just now. When you have got a year-and-a-half left then you obviously look to get a new deal and a bit of security for my career and for my family as well.

"I just want to work hard and hopefully things behind the scenes can work out for me."

He added: "My aim is to play in the top flight. Coming here when we were at the bottom my aim was to help the club get back up.

"Hopefully I can be rewarded with getting a deal to play in the Premiership with a club this size. It is up to me to keep playing well and trying to get one."

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/rangers/black-aim-is-a-ticket-to-ride-on-journey-152249n.23438571

Never be good enough to win SPL titles. Should never have been signed in the first place either. An all round waste of time and money.

Once again he had a good game,I thought if he wasn't our best player today then he was certainly one of them,and took a few kicks through out the game

Once again he had a good game,I thought if he wasn't our best player today then he was certainly one of them,and took a few kicks through out the game

Agreed. Thought he had another very good game. He's definitely grown on me a lot because of his hard work and battling attitude.

I never wanted him at Ibrox,however he has had a good season this season

Thing is, I always thought he was a good player for Hearts and back in the summer of 2011 I suggested that he wouldn't be a bad signing, but you guys said he had a bad rep or kept bad company over your way, so that put me off him more than his reputation for dirty tackles etc. Since we signed him though, I think he's generally done well for us. He's no Steven Davis, but I do think he'd be handy to have around when we get back to the top flight, so probably wouldn't be against him getting a contract extension. The only downside is that he turns 29 next month, so he'd be over 30 for our return to the top flight which isn't ideal.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!