There is absolutely no chance whatsoever of the OBA being repealed; and I am fairly certain that any amendments will seek to strengthen it in the light of all the cases that the Fiscals have lost.

Unfortunately, I think you're right.

I trust your optimism BH.

I'm aware that our friends across the city are already lobbying in this area.

Come the time there will be skewed press coverage, an avalanche of letters to the SG and the usual suspects will be wheeled out again to give academic credence to the party line.

I'm just saying we should be vigilant.

Just in case.

Have to agree here bb, the legislation will be tightened against us and our songbook, chants etc to come under wider sectarian laws. Their Terrorist glorification anthems, Hun, Orange Bastards, FTQ will be brought in line with free political expression.

Have to agree here bb, the legislation will be tightened against us and our songbook, chants etc to come under wider sectarian laws. Their Terrorist glorification anthems, Hun, Orange Bastards, FTQ will be brought in line with free political expression.

Is the suggestion here that Salmond cares only for the catholic vote and not for the apathetic Protestant vote?

Is the suggestion here that Salmond cares only for the catholic vote and not for the apathetic Protestant vote?

It's a question of the tail wagging the dog. The driving factor is the self styled "Irish/Catholic" lobby.

In my opinion they are the most powerful, most organised and most motivated political force in Scotland today.

Certainly in the West of Scotland.

It's a question of the tail wagging the dog. The driving factor is the self styled "Irish/Catholic" lobby.

In my opinion they are the most powerful, most organised and most motivated political force in Scotland today.

Why are the Protestants lacking in leadership, organization and motivation ( sounds almost like the Rangers support ), and why are the catholics so well marshalled? Is this leadership they have the influence of Reid?

If only!

While I wouldn't go so far as to describe football fans as 'knuckle-draggers' - I rarely shit on my own doorstep, after all - pretending that of all the mass participation/attended pursuits in Scotland, football fans are not and have not been the most embarrassing, anti-social and loutish groups is just self-delusion. Rangers, Celtic, Scotland, Aberdeen, you name it: it's only a difference in scale, rather than ignorance.

Manchester was the final straw for me - a mass demonstration of why Scottish people shouldn't be allowed out on their own. I didn't see any rioting, the media coverage was a joke but as I carefully picked my way through great torrents of pish I did wonder why people put up with such behaviour...well, times have changed, they now don't and while people can convince themselves all they like that it is liberal elites and snobs and an 19th century fear of the mob, I grew up at the top of a damp tenement and feel the same way.

I'm not sure I understand your point. What does embarrassing, anti-social, loutish behaviour and public urination have to do with OBAF?

It's unusual but nice to hear a academic who is neutral telling it as it was/is. The sectarian industry was wholly manufactured by Labour to criminalise and demonise one section and one section only of the white working class. That class of people was the Protestant and Rangers supporters community.

this character is anything but neutral - his is a libertarian agenda which, if you follow it for just a couple of steps, quickly shows itself for what it is and who is behind it. What sort of publications does he normally write for? Who funds those publications? He and his ilk don't give a rat's arse about the working class.

Why should anyone think that an academic either is or ought to be neutral?

Why are the Protestants lacking in leadership, organization and motivation ( sounds almost like the Rangers support ), and why are the catholics so well marshalled? Is this leadership they have the influence of Reid?

I honestly don't know Barca, but they most definitely are.

I would say it is what they are taught at school. they are taught that they are an apart race and learn to stick together and we are not really busy with those kind of lessons.