Great bit of writing - granted - nobody can deny that.

But as for a match preview - sorry its not a preview for me.

That's a fair criticism. I've done a handful of these now and each time I apologise to Zappa for the lack of match analysis.

Truth is I've no great insight, I'm no more tactically aware than the next supporter and less so than some. This is fourth time we've played Stenhousemuir in 6 months, the accumulative score is 11-0, I struggle to bring any fresh perspective on that. I did try and add some information about the sides but it's fairly superficial I accept that.

Guys, it's been said countless times, but just for the avoidance of doubt, here's the deal... There are absolutely NO rules to writing the match previews.

Why no rules? Because a brief which has no specific guidelines or rules leaves a door open for creativity to sneak in and creativity should be welcomed.

What is it they say about variety again? It's the spice of life? Variety has nothing to do with Rangers players or Chicken Bhuna!

Seriously though, we're mixing it up on here with the previews because mixing it up is more interesting than not doing so.

Some folk talk about the manager, team, players and tactics, while others focus more on statistics. Then there's previews where the writer takes the unique opportunity to write about a new town we're visiting or one we're visiting for the first time in many years because we're in the lower leagues.

There's the thought provoking philosophical approach or the memory inducing anecdotal approach. Then there's other approaches like having a topical pop at the football authorities or even completely taking the piss out of the antics over at the piggery or in the Scottish football media.

The list of possibilities is literally endless, it's infinite and it's ALL welcome. :tu:

I like the previews on here. There's better places to visit if you just want the team news etc. There's only so much you can say about the actual match, when it's a another expected pumping. Does it really matter who is starting etc.

I won't name names in case I forget someone but we have a number of writers who I just love reading whether it is a preview or not. Over 2 weeks your are back to the boring crap from me Gribz.:D

I'll do a bit of research on that but can't guarantee kippers have the same effect on the North Sea as the wolves have on the rivers in Yellowstone National Park.

Not just any kippers though! In Arbroath you have extremely high kippers with special powers!

Friday, 21 February 2014 10:00

Win Dean Shiels' Boots!

Written by Rangers Football Club

16e97cc91b515d46d45a2457246dfb88_XL.jpg

BUY tomorrow’s official matchday programme and be in with a chance of winning Dean Shiels’ signed boots!

One lucky ticket will be placed inside a programme prior to the game against Stenhousemuir at Ibrox and if you find it you are the winner of the boots which can be seen in the photo above, it’s as simple as that.*

Tomorrow’s matchday programme is again packed with exclusive interviews and features including the following:

• CEO Graham Wallace’s message to fans
  • The pre-match views of Ally McCoist, Lee McCulloch and Stenhousemuir’s Brown Ferguson
  • Exclusive interviews with Dean Shiels and Cammy Bell
  • David Templeton’s 10 of the Best
  • A poster of Jon Daly with his signature
  • Craig Halkett's SFA Youth Cup quarter final preview
  • Teenage Kicks with Luca Gasparotto

On top of that there is a tricky quiz to test your knowledge, a Kids Zone to keep young fans amused, Fan of the Week, On This Day, Andy Cameron’s column and the Back Post with RangersTV’s Andrew Dickson PLUS much more.

It’s all in tomorrow’s official matchday programme, just £3, don’t miss it!

*Information on how to claim Dean’s boots after the final whistle will be on the lucky ticket and in tomorrow’s programme.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/6372-win-dean-shiels-boots

Friday, 21 February 2014 11:07

Stenny Will Make It Tough

Written by Neil Smith

9b599ac1b90c9d796ea459b2de17c500_XL.jpg

ALLY MCCOIST believes his Rangers players will face a tricky 90 minutes tomorrow and doesn’t expect them to hit eight goals like they did the last time Stenhousemuir travelled to Ibrox.

On that occasion on September 28, 2013 the Light Blues put on a terrific display to record their biggest win of the season to date with Jon Daly scoring four and Bilel Mohsni, Lee Wallace, Andy Little and David Templeton also on target in a sensational 8-0 victory.

Since then Rangers have faced Stenny twice at Ochilview Park and both matches have been far tighter affairs. On October 29 a header from Daly was enough to take Rangers through to the final of the Ramsdens Cup and a double from Nicky Law secured three League One points on January 5.

McCoist expects more of the same this weekend and the Stenhousemuir players will no doubt be out to impress with Scott Booth installed as their new manager on Tuesday.

Previous boss Martyn Corrigan stepped down on January 21 and with tomorrow’s visitors yet to enjoy a win in 2014, McCoist expects a reaction with a new face in the away dug-out.

He said: “The first game at Ibrox was very open to be honest which suited us. The two since then haven’t been and they have been hard fought victories.

"We went to Ochilview Park in the Ramsdens Cup and won 1-0 and we then had a 2-0 victory so I would fully expect a game more like that, especially as they have a new manager in charge.

“I know Scott has been working with the younger lads with the SFA and I obviously know him pretty well. I actually did think it would just be a matter of time before he went into football management.

"He’s done a lot of work doing his badges so it will be a big challenge for him but I’m looking forward to seeing how he does and I’m sure he will do well.”

Bilel Mohsni is still suspended this weekend but captain Lee McCulloch is available for selection having missed last Saturday's 2-0 victory over Ayr United at Somerset Park.

Speaking at this morning’s press conference at Murray Park, the manager gave an injury update as he prepares for tomorrow’s game.

He added: “The long term injuries are a lot better, Chris Hegarty is back training and Ross Perry and Kyle Hutton will start training with us on Monday.

“Nicky Clark has got his boot off which is good news so he’ll be a couple of weeks and the doc and Stevie (Walker) are assessing him at this moment. We are pleased with him.

Lewis still has the viral thing which will keep him out tomorrow.”

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/6367-stenny-will-make-it-tough