Great bit of writing - granted - nobody can deny that.

But as for a match preview - sorry its not a preview for me.

That's a fair criticism. I've done a handful of these now and each time I apologise to Zappa for the lack of match analysis.

Truth is I've no great insight, I'm no more tactically aware than the next supporter and less so than some. This is fourth time we've played Stenhousemuir in 6 months, the accumulative score is 11-0, I struggle to bring any fresh perspective on that. I did try and add some information about the sides but it's fairly superficial I accept that.

It's a fair point about familiarity. There's only so many ways (and words) in which you can discuss the same group of players playing the same 9 teams 4 times a season.

As such, bringing some analogies or supplementary info can make what could be a chore into something more interesting. :)

It's a fair point about familiarity. There's only so many ways (and words) in which you can discuss the same group of players playing the same 9 teams 4 times a season.

As such, bringing some analogies or supplementary info can make what could be a chore into something more interesting. :)

Agreed.

It is arguable that the analogy was generic and a bit long winded and I did find myself wondering how and when he was going to link it to Rangers v Stenhousemuir; but as I said earlier it is one of the best pieces of writing I have read on here and a very hard act to follow, which is why I was asking if there are any wolves in the neighbourhood of Arbroath.

Agreed.

It is arguable that the analogy was generic and a bit long winded and I did find myself wondering how and when he was going to link it to Rangers v Stenhousemuir; but as I said earlier it is one of the best pieces of writing I have read on here and a very hard act to follow, which is why I was asking if there are any wolves in the neighbourhood of Arbroath.

ach, come on!. Arbroath > Kippers > fishy > stinks to high heaven?

The preveiew practically writes itself ;)

ach, come on!. Arbroath > Kippers > fishy > stinks to high heaven?

The preveiew practically writes itself ;)

I was thinking more along the lines of an upturn in the number of kippers chasing the dragon.