The motto of Rangers is "Ready"

The motto of the Rangers Football Club Supporters Association is or used to be "Aye Ready". About a million years ago I had a handkerchief with the RFCSA crest and motto to that effect on it.

The motto of Rangers is "Ready"

The motto of the Rangers Football Club Supporters Association is or used to be "Aye Ready". About a million years ago I had a handkerchief with the RFCSA crest and motto to that effect on it.

The motto always was "Aye Ready" but was changed when "The scroll crest was replaced in 1959 with the lion rampant club crest which featured a lion rampant, an old-style football and the club's motto Ready, which was shortened from Aye Ready (meaning Always Ready in Scots), all surrounded by the team name, Rangers Football Club." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rangers_F.C.

I am confident that I have some of the old Blue Books at home with the Aye Ready crest.

You won compo.

It's never said aye ready. And no one has ever produced a picture of it saying aye ready for that reason.

Never.

Though many claim otherwise.

In the 60's I always left the Copland end by the Edmiston Drive stairs, I still believe that the badge on the end of the main stand stated "Aye Ready". But as you say no photographic evidence has been forthcoming to prove it. Age plays tricks on the memory!