ALLY McCoist today urged Rangers fans to back the current Ibrox board.....

.....and renew their season tickets.

Supporters were alarmed to discover this week that Gers officials were in talks with two investors about a £1.5million loan.

They are speaking to the Easdale brothers, James and Sandy, and Laxey Partners, the major shareholders, about the cash injection.

The development immediately led to fears that the SPFL League One leaders are in danger of going back into administration.

Rangers chief executive Graham Wallace, who is conducting a 120-day restructuring plan, has dismissed that.

And McCoist, who attended a board meeting in London on Thursday, has stated he is confident current club hierarchy are on the right track.

Fans have threatened to "disengage" with the club in the past by not buying season tickets or official merchandise.

But the manager has appealed to them to keep faith in Wallace and his fellow director.

McCoist said: "I can understand concerns. Who wouldn't have concerns after what has happened in the last two years?

"But at the same time I definitely think that Graham Wallace in particular and the board in general deserve an opportunity to see what they can come up with.

"Personally, I feel that I'm building a good relationship with a chief executive who has football experience and I firmly believe will do the best for the club.

"I'm in a better place in that respect. There's no doubt about that. The relationship between the chief exec and the manager is the most important at the club.

"I feel in a better place with the dialogue I have with Graham. I speak to him a couple of times a day and we meet two or three times a week.

"Hopefully in the coming weeks and months a brighter picture will be painted of the long-term future of the club."

McCoist added: "There hasn't been a push for season tickets yet, but I think there will be one or two things going on before then that will hopefully point the supporters in the right direction.

"For the supporters to buy 70,000 season tickets in the last two years is a staggering statistic. The importance of the season tickets is absolutely vital.

"In the coming weeks and months, when we do have the push for season tickets, we will be in a better place to indicate to the fans what the short, medium and long-term future will be."

McCoist was told the £1.5m loan is part of an overall business plan at the board meeting and was assured there was no prospect of administration happening.

He said: "It's nothing that wasn't planned. It's part of a business plan. The impression that was given to me was that too much has been made of it. It's nothing that wasn't on the agenda.

"It was told to me that there certainly won't be administration No.2. That is encouraging because a lot of people are asking the question and I totally understand that."

The Rangers Supporters Trust, however, does not share his ease with the current situation.

In a statement sent to members last night, the Trust said: "The Rangers Supporters Association, Assembly and Trust have contacted the CEO Graham Wallace to ask for clarification on the proposed loan by directors and/or selected shareholders."

Meanwhile, fixtures have been rearranged - Gers v Dunfermline on Saturday, March 15 now at 12.45pm instead of 3pm, live on Sky; Brechin v Gers on Saturday, March 22 now the following day with a 12.45pm start on BT Sport and Gers v Forfar on Tuesday, March 25 at 7.45pm moved back 24 hours to the Wednesday.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/rangers/rangers-board-backing-is-just-the-ticket-for-mccoist-153156n.23500951

Yet another CEO that Ally is building a good relationship with come season ticket renewal time. Do his words even change? Deja vu all over again.

The bits re the spiv loan stitch up being all OK and normal business are straight from Toxic's script. Charlotte leaked that Jack had requested just this kind of interview. He has got his "positive noises from Ally".

Edited by SteveC

McCoist added: "There hasn't been a push for season tickets yet, but I think there will be one or two things going on before then that will hopefully point the supporters in the right direction''.

Interesting quote,let's wait and see is the message I read here.

McCoist added: "There hasn't been a push for season tickets yet, but I think there will be one or two things going on before then that will hopefully point the supporters in the right direction''.

Interesting quote,let's wait and see is the message I read here.

maybe, Ian but his defence of the loan as "normal business" sticks in the craw