ALLY McCoist today urged Rangers fans to back the current Ibrox board.....

Agreed,however if he has been misquoted I would expect him to come out and say so!.

He's an employee and will be expected to support the Board. It might be standard practice for press releases to be written by others, and I'd be surprised if it wasn't.

It's certainly normal practice in the public sector. However, one would still expect it to be passed by whoever is being "quoted."

Ally should stick to team matters. We ain't going to be fooled again, are we?

Quite possibly.

This was said on here the other day by one of this site's contributors - who generally comes across as an intelligent guy - but intelligence can still give way to hero worship. This is what he said:

"Finally, highlight of the day for me, this day and pretty much any day of the last 20 years - I spent 3 hours sitting next to, and discussing Rangers, with Colin Jackson...nothing anyone said about CIC's could top that. I said to the great man on leaving that it was an honour to chat with him and I meant it. If this scheme is going to work, I think it will need legends who pulled on the Blue Shirt to front it up: if Colin Jackson said go for it, I probably would; likewise Walter Smith, say, or Sandy Jardine. No matter what age we are we still idolise our heroes...maybe we need to call on them to do yet more service in the cause."

McCoist added: "There hasn't been a push for season tickets yet, but I think there will be one or two things going on before then that will hopefully point the supporters in the right direction''.

Interesting quote,let's wait and see is the message I read here.

He'll be talking about the club's membership scheme.