ALLY McCoist today urged Rangers fans to back the current Ibrox board.....

Essentially, what happens is that the members have their own AGM and via their votes (membership) they elect a board that looks after club (or membership) matters. Or, at least after the money the members put into the club via their membership fees. They hardly "own" the club though.

That is why a membership scheme lead by people all supporters trust (ex. players, managers, reliable Bluenose financial gurus and lawyers) is the way ahead for us, one that would be able to put pressure on the board of the company. For those elected and trusted men hold all the aces when it comes to membership money being used for the club or indeed the company.

Ex-players and managers are the last people fans should be looking to when it comes to the wellbeing of their clubs.

Between them, they usually have a limited education, are not noted for being particularly bright, and have been a part of the status quo for so long that they are unlikely to ever challenge it, even if they knew how to do so.

How many ex-players and former managers ever dared to challenge or undermine David Murray? When did a footballer last impress anyone with his vision and plans to make football a more democratic and accountable sport?

Being good at football earns them our plaudits. Once their football careers are over, they are no better than the rest of us - and may indeed be a lot worse.

Give up with the adulation. They earned it when it was merited. It isn't merited any more.

Now I'm really worried.

Ally giving any board/CEO his full backing is usually the kiss of death. I'd take his words with a pinch of salt. Unfortunately, many of our support take his word as gospel, regardless of how often he's led us down the wrong path. I wish he'd stay out of matters like trying to convince supporters to give 'crooks' their hard earned.

A membership scheme where you don't own the club is pointless. Members of other teams own the club.

Yes we bring in barrow-loads of money through the front door and the Spivs pack it into lorries at the back door

That's a bit brutally honest of you, Super Cooper, to be totally honest.

It's really sad to listen to him, it has been for a long time. He's a lovely lad but seems to be as thick as mince. I was worried when we named him manager but I'd have loved him to prove such fears foundless. I love him as player, for being all we had in the enemy camp (though he seems to confuse enemies with friends) for all his goals, especially v them. For being a Ranger that gained nationwide love on the TV....but really he's spoiling all these memories. Relentlessly.

That's a bit brutally honest of you, Super Cooper, to be totally honest.

It's really sad to listen to him, it has been for a long time. He's a lovely lad but seems to be as thick as mince. I was worried when we named him manager but I'd have loved him to prove such fears foundless. I love him as player, for being all we had in the enemy camp (though he seems to confuse enemies with friends) for all his goals, especially v them. For being a Ranger that gained nationwide love on the TV....but really he's spoiling all these memories. Relentlessly.

Well if it's not brutally honest, it's the gospel! :D

I will always cherish the memories he gave me as a Rangers player, nothing will ever take them away but as manager he has completely lost any and all respect i had for him.