ALLY McCoist today urged Rangers fans to back the current Ibrox board.....

Arf! From 'comes across as intelligent' to 'a schoolgirl with a pop star crush and as well-anchored in your opinions as a straw in the wind' in less than 48 hours. Not bad going!

I must be honest and confess I could not give a jot about anyone opinion of me outside of my family, so all that is so much piss and wind to me. But as a salesman for fan ownership, you really suck.

I make no attempt to undermine your intelligence, Andy.

It's perfectly possible to be bright and easily swayed.

When you can be won over by people simply because they happened to be good servants of the club, you should not be surprised when your opinions are undermined.

It seems to me that your opinion today could change tomorrow if Walter or Ally were inclined to pass the time of day with you - not because they might present you with a winning case, but because your inclination towards hero worship makes you easy prey.

Use your undoubted intelligence wisely, Andy. You surely don't need Smith or McCoist to decide what is best for Rangers.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

A membership scheme where you don't own the club is pointless. Members of other teams own the club.

Hope there's no objections to bringing the thread back a wee bit.

In my eyes, a membership scheme where you don't own the membership scheme (and income, talent base and database is pointless. If we don't trust the Board, what the hell is the point in letting the Board run the membership scheme?

The point about fan ownership is a moot one. Not all fans are in favour of fan ownership.

There tends to be a very high degree of generalisation amongst a lot of fans about what a Rangers fan is. Until that is addressed, we will be divided into camps.

We need to learn how to operate democratically and by coalition if we can.

In my eyes, a membership scheme where you don't own the membership scheme (and income, talent base and database is pointless. If we don't trust the Board, what the hell is the point in letting the Board run the membership scheme?

Yep. Hence I doubt that a membership scheme run by the current board will be a smashing success. Hence I suggested one being supervised by people not - for the time being - belonging to the company's board. People who do work with the company's board in a sensible matter though, one that would both benefit club and supporters. One stage after another. If membership scheme works alongside the company, fans will know exactly where their money is going. I doubt the same can be said about a membership scheme run by the club. It is over to Wallace and Co. now to provide answers on this.

Yep. Hence I doubt that a membership scheme run by the current board will be a smashing success. Hence I suggested one being supervised by people not - for the time being - belonging to the company's board. People who do work with the company's board in a sensible matter though, one that would both benefit club and supporters. One stage after another. If membership scheme works alongside the company, fans will know exactly where their money is going. I doubt the same can be said about a membership scheme run by the club. It is over to Wallace and Co. now to provide answers on this.

I'm with you there dB.

A membership scheme administered by the fans would be an excellent way forward.

I for one don't see it as constructive for any of the usual suspects from present fan groups etc to be involved. What is needed here is a fresh approach to bring the broad church of fans together under the one umbrella.

Waiting for the Club to do this for us is a mistake of epic proportions.

But the Club should be asked to be highly supportive.

Edited by bluebear54

I make no attempt to undermine your intelligence, Andy.

It's perfectly possible to be bright and easily swayed.

When you can be won over by people simply because they happened to be good servants of the club, you should not be surprised when your opinions are undermined.

It seems to me that your opinion today could change tomorrow if Walter or Ally were inclined to pass the time of day with you - not because they might present you with a winning case, but because your inclination towards hero worship makes you easy prey.

Use your undoubted intelligence wisely, Andy. You surely don't need Smith or McCoist to decide what is best for Rangers.

If you could explain to me how I was 'won over' by Colin Jackson I might have a clue what you're talking about. You're just plain wrong about Smith or McCoist persuading me of anything - football excepted, the actual game I mean - but why you feel that means one cannot indulge in hero worship and remain one's own independence of thought I have absolutely no idea.

This is sales 101 stuff. Get a known, familiar or trusted face, logo or company to front up your sales drive and selling becomes that much easier. In our case, we'd use Light Blue Legends because (yourself excepted) fans of any age retain the hero-worship of players, even players from decades ago. It's part of the game, yourself excepted again. These figureheads are not telling anyone what to do, they are only totems of re-assurance that the product, whatever it is, is not some cowboy lunacy run by fly-by-night shysters. Drawn in by the figurehead, the fan explores the product and decides whether to make a purchase.

Sheer fantasy.

edit: tho it turns out we have far more worrying matters to concern us today.

Edited by andy steel