Bouncing to the App Store

Chaps,

Any of you browse with an iPad or similar device? I do and quite often when I first log in the forum bounces me to the App Store for some war game.

Happened regularly for a bit with FF too. No bigy but I'd prefer it didn't happen.

I don't use Apple gear here mate, but one thing which could possibly cause it is an advert for the game, so you could try installing an ad-blocker or something depending on what browser you're using.

The Ghostery extension for Firefox is excellent in terms of tracker and ad blocking, but on iOS it's apparently an actual browser rather than just a browser plugin/extension and it might be no good.

Worth looking into this subject in general though because that could maybe be what's causing the issue.

Could it maybe be the Google Adsense and/or DoubleClick advertising trackers Frankie?

It would normally only be advertising which would cause automatic redirects.

It's possible that it's the browser or device, but do you get malware etc on iOS devices?

I am still having the problems. It only seems to be an issue with gersnet and I don't have the redirect with any other site. I'm using the standard IOS browser Safari, and as far as I know you don't get any add-ons for it.

I don't know how to change the redirect settings for the App store.