In liked his statement up to that point; but he is asking for assurances that he KNOWS or ought to know cannot be given; what is the point or purpose in doing that?

He's right when he says things are a mess but he also must know that with-holding season ticket money essentially means administration.

he's talking to the people who matter. the season ticket holders.

And the fans, and the fans, GS.

No matter whether they watch games from overseas, buy a solitary shirt every year for the kid's Xmas present, buy tickets on a game at a time basis or whatever. They might have a lot of clout, economically, but we can't have season ticket holders pretending they are the "true" fans to the disenfranchisement of others.

He's right when he says things are a mess but he also must know that with-holding season ticket money essentially means administration.

That's how I read it.

That would mean two seasons in the championship. No?

There are a lot of prices worth paying to get shot of this mob.

That's how I read it.

Equally are they all prepared to play poker with their investments ................

King has made discouraging noises in the past about fan ownership, so imagine my surprise when I read this bit:

"I do not believe that Rangers should be under the control of one owner/benefactor. We have already seen the damage that has been caused at Rangers (and many other clubs) when the club becomes a hostage to the fluctuating whims and wealth of a single owner."

He may not be advocating fan ownership in the strictest sense here, but he does appear to have realised, as we all should, that a random single owner is potentially ruinous and highly undesirable.

I think he's moved his position, and in the right direction too. Finally, the King can see the benefits of the democratic way.

That's how I read it.

I agree but then do Laxey and the Easdales not control all of the debt? (that we know of)

They could end up getting Ibrox and Murray Park for peanuts, then lease then to whoever operates the football club. Free money forever

They essentially already have Albion and Edmiston House, simply by not demanding repayment of their loans.

I agree but then do Laxey and the Easdales not control all of the debt? (that we know of)

They could end up getting Ibrox and Murray Park for peanuts, then lease then to whoever operates the football club. Free money forever

They essentially already have Albion and Edmiston House, simply by not demanding repayment of their loans.

Albion & Edmiston could be sorted I think, particularly with Dave King's backing.

With the income of the Club being essentially secured by the fans against Ibrox and Auchenhowie, the power base would shift. And quite rightly too.

No they don't. They would only get them if we were unable to repay the loan and therefore went into administration. They can't turn round and say don't pay me, I'll just take the Albion Car park.

With the income of the Club being essentially secured by the fans against Ibrox and Auchenhowie, the power base would shift. And quite rightly too.

I cannot see the Board agreeing to that.

The ST money is what £10/11 million and "The property valuation report from DM Hall dated 10 October 2012 includes a valuation of the company’s properties under a depreciated replacement cost method at 31 August 2012 as follows:

• Ibrox Stadium – £65.2 million; and

• Murray Park – £14 million. This represents a combined value of £79.2 million.

The Company’s financial statements includes the properties at an existing use valuation of £42.5 million at 30 June 2013 (with other non-current assets being included at £22.6 million) after charging depreciation of £0.4 million."

You might just be prepared to mortgage Auchenhowie for £11M but not Ibrox.

If you did, I think you would rightly be questioned on your fiduciary duty to shareholders.