The 120 days was designed to keep us quiet until season book renewal time.

Anyone who thinks different hasn't been paying attention of late.

It was a sop and a sop that's failed thankfully.

Also!, ST prices will rise!,while they implement cost cutting ie:down grade our squad, giving them more cash for their pockets!

Let me be a somewhat naughty (and forgive me) ...

Also!, ST prices will rise!

Always to be expected, as we move nearer towards the top tier and play a) more attractive opposition and b) will most likely get more media attention.

...,while they implement cost cutting ...

Come on, that is what all and sundry ask for. And TBH, when it comes to cost cutting as such, this "all and sundry" faction will only stop lamenting until anyone on the board or any other high-up waive their fees and wages for the greater good of the club. We all know such kind of mentality. We are required to live within our means and if income (where we are) does not remotely meet costs, cuttings will have to be made.

... ie:down grade our squad, ...

How come? Why "down-grade the squad" instead of "getting rid of the passengers and the dead wood?" Which is what I assume the board has to look after? And that is, again, what all people cry for.

... giving them more cash for their pockets!

Well, that is the usual mantra and goes hand in hand with the point made above. We can simply stop all sensible debate if we go down to that level.

What do we actually want then? Cost cutting from top to bottom. That would indeed be a challenge if we want to keep Rangers the club that it is now. And as far as I am concerned, asking the half-a-handful board people waiving half their annual wage will be not much more than a drop in a rather large pond of wages.

More prudent ways of tying future players to the club? Sure. Then again - while some still dream of youngsters and low-key SFL2 chaps might have been the option these last year and a half - at this moment and time we have players contracted to the club and these contracts either need to be fulfilled or have to be cancelled in the best interest of all parties concerned.

We can curse Whyte, Green and Co. all day long, lambasting Wallace et al for that and ask him to make cuts or send people away is a bit rich. He would obviously get all the bad-mouthing connected to that.

What we need to look at is to get a decent business modell running to see us through the Championship with a decent enough squad and not too much loss financially. That is the immediate concern of the company and what they look after. We have to remember that this is also the first season of the SPFL and only at the end of the campaign will clubs and officials actually know, whether this construct is actually a success for them or not. And, of course, how much money any individual club gets out of it. From now till the end of our stay in the Championship the company has to make sure that we also get a squad that is able to get a decent status within the top flight in the first season back. That is more than a year away though. Much can happen between now and then. Fan ownership or not, a membership scheme, King could equally well try to become the team's shirt sponsor (and release funds only for the team et al), or buy the naming rights for Ibrox (and release funds only for the team et al).

Trying to hit the company as it struggles to make ends meet in the dire surroundings that we find ourselves in is highly productive. (And do we think that King would gladly have parted company with those millions if he was the boss? Not looking for any sort of return in the future? Sure!) It will keep potential investors away, makes us all (sic!) look like fools and will harm the club.

We always ask that the board / company should do better. The same message goes out to King too, and us, for that matter.

Also!, ST prices will rise!,while they implement cost cutting ie:down grade our squad, giving them more cash for their pockets!

I'd expect a 25% increase this season and 25% the following season to take us back to where we would have been.

I'd expect a 25% increase this season and 25% the following season to take us back to where we would have been.

Aye, I am also expecting the rise,and quite right to!,as long as the money doesn't go straight into the SPIVS pockets