MESSAGE To Rangers Supporters From Graham Wallace

Rangers Chief Executive Graham Wallace has issued the following statement.

“In recent days there has been considerable comment and speculation about the financial position of the Club and the motives of individuals managing it following the announcement of short term financing being put in place.

“Much of the comment and opinion is unfortunately ill informed and directed at undermining the Club and the considerable efforts that are taking place to rebuild it following several years of mismanagement.

“Therefore, I feel it is important, for the good of the Club, to set the record straight on a number of issues that are concerning Rangers supporters worldwide.

“Many of the problems that the Board, Executive Team and staff are addressing on a daily basis date back some considerable time and as I said at the AGM in December 2013, there is no overnight fix.

“Building trust in those managing the Club takes time. I understand that fans have a degree of scepticism, but we will demonstrate in due course the improvements being made to all areas of the Club.

“Rangers supporters are naturally seeking assurances that their Club is being run and managed for the long term. We know there are short term financial challenges inherited from previous management, but we are well on track to putting these behind us and building a Club that is both sustainable and capable of delivering the on field success that Rangers is famous for.

“It is therefore extremely concerning that public statements are being made that are factually incorrect. If left unchallenged, they would damage the reputation of the Club and individuals who are committed and working every day to rebuild it.

“It has now been some 70 days since the AGM and our review of the entire business is progressing well. We are identifying the changes needed to reposition the Club on all fronts. No one is hiding behind a timeline to complete the review, but to develop and implement change in the correct manner requires time to get it right.

“Of particular concern are media comments that the Club has been offered significant interest free loans which have been declined. This is wholly untrue and supporters need to know this.

“Further comment about withholding future ticket revenues is also damaging to the operation of the Club which, in common with many others, operates on a cyclical basis.

“We are putting in place a business structure and operational model that will protect and develop Rangers Football Club for future generations.

“We know the Club will require investment in the future but until we have addressed the problems and deficiencies of the past, it would be foolhardy to seek additional investment without a clear plan of how to use it. We are also making good progress on the development of our medium term plans.

“You, the fans have been tremendous in your support for the team over the past couple of seasons. As I outlined at the AGM, a process of improving fan engagement has commenced with the launch of the Club’s Ready To Listen campaign. This initiative has been welcomed by a great number of supporters and the results will be analysed and actions implemented in the near future.

“The Board and Executive Team fully understand how important the fans are to the Club and we will never take this for granted. I made a personal commitment at the AGM to improve fan engagement and we have started on this process.

“The values Rangers Football Club is famous for, and proud to honour, include professionalism, integrity and honesty. Everyone involved with the Club shares these values and is working hard every day to ensure that the Club will continue to progress back to the top of Scottish and European football.

“We need to do this together. Divisive campaigns, fuelled by inaccurate statements played out in the media benefit no one, particularly Rangers Football Club.”

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/6421-graham-wallace-statement

The real test is still to come this summer when we'll see if new players are signed for the new season in the Championship which will be much harder than these last two seasons.

I know what you mean but i am afraid we are back in the kind of state when buying players is the least of our concerns

We really can't expect any better than that from Graham Wallace at the moment. He's already in a very difficult position and he's getting backed into a corner, so this is exactly the type of response we should expect.

After the first paragraph you could tell it was going to reveal absolute diddly squat. I would rather they made no statement than this droll (you could easily imagine William Hague or George Osborne reading this out). They really think every supporter zips up the back (and has some foam hanging out) if they think we are appeased with completely empty drivel like this.

We really can't expect any better than that from Graham Wallace at the moment. He's already in a very difficult position and he's getting backed into a corner, so this is exactly the type of response we should expect.

Then he deserves whatever is thrown at him!