"Rangers' Firsts clutching mittens". Ffs, what wrong with good people and posters that being part of a Rangers fans group send them doo wally?

I was already going to go for the 18:72 DD but this has just convinced me to also donate my shares bought at the IPO.

Rangers First, fan egos = not even placed, left in the bloody paddock.

And I too have agreed with many of your posts Hildy. There was a briliant one recently but a whole swathe of RST-Rangers folk have lost the plot here. It is NOT about you or your groups, it is all about The Rangers.

You've made posts on Gersnet recently I've fully agreed with, they were insightful, honest and progressive in my opinion. But the line I've highlighted above saddens me. It's that kind of hyperbolic, emotive, angry posting that puts so many of us off getting involved with groups like the RST. Why would you think posting something like that on a public forum was a good idea?

If any form of fan power is going to work it can't be personal, it can't and won't work if angry promises are uttered publicly the first time someone hears something they disagree with.

Had you typed 'I'm unhappy with that implication BH, could you check that or indeed reconsider it?' you'd have achieved so much more at no cost to yourself.

I'm still undecided about Rangers First, I like the concept, the timing is good and I'm in favour of their aims, I'm watching with interest. But if joining means I'll become embroiled in a public turf war where fellow Rangers supporters will be more obstructive than fans of other clubs then I'll think twice about it. It's what had kept me away from the RST and from Buy Rangers in the past and keeps me away today.

You are clearly thoughtful where our club is concerned, so consider the power your words carry when posted publicly. Those ones did you a great disservice.

This new scheme has been sold as a benign entity, an alternative means of striving for fan ownership, another model to try alongside BuyRangers, and then after a meeting of the main players, this assertion was boldly put:

"In any event, as was suggested last night, the RST/BR will soon have to consider whether they shouldn't transfer their holdings to the CIC for the greater good."

Take out "as was suggested last night" and you are left with the crux:

In any event, the RST/BR will soon have to consider whether they shouldn't transfer their holdings to the CIC for the greater good.

This is the future choice for BuyRangers then, stated by someone with an inside track into what is going on at Rangersfirst.

Does it sound conciliatory? Does it imply cooperation? Or does it come across as empire building and threatening?

My answer to those remarks was emphatic and entirely appropriate after reading such a provocative statement.

The remarks shone a light into the dark recesses of the Rangersfirst scheme, and demonstrated that those who have serious doubts about it are absolutely right to be concerned.

There is no way thst buyrangers would have to give their shares or join up with rangersfirst ,unless the members of the rst wanted that and if someone has another opinion on it then they are free to air it , but that doesnt make it fact

My answer to those remarks was emphatic and entirely appropriate after reading such a provocative statement.

The remarks shone a light into the dark recesses of the Rangersfirst scheme, and demonstrated that those who have serious doubts about it are absolutely right to be concerned.

If you want to take the comments at face value then you would also take the comments about the RST made by the same author when a board member at face value which would throw doubts on Buy Rangers as well.

Or alternatively you could treat both as someone expressing a personal view and not in line with the general membership/committees.

BH has extreme views at times. I disagree with him often. However it's good to have alternative views which make you revisit your own thoughts.

It's just one person's views. Don't over-exaggerate them by suggesting that there's something sinister going on.

This new scheme has been sold as a benign entity, an alternative means of striving for fan ownership, another model to try alongside BuyRangers, and then after a meeting of the main players, this assertion was boldly put:

"In any event, as was suggested last night, the RST/BR will soon have to consider whether they shouldn't transfer their holdings to the CIC for the greater good."

In any event, the RST/BR will soon have to consider whether they shouldn't transfer their holdings to the CIC for the greater good.

This is the future choice for BuyRangers then, stated by someone with an inside track into what is going on at Rangersfirst.

Does it sound conciliatory? Does it imply cooperation? Or does it come across as empire building and threatening?

You're being disingenuous and completely unfair here Hildy because the whole RangersFirst initiative can't (or certainly shouldn't) be held accountable for the ludicrous/irresponsible comments of one man who doesn't represent the initiative as a whole.

Keeping repeating yourself with slightly different wording will never turn the comments of one guy who doesn't represent RangersFirst into some sort of big bad conspiracy or sinister modus operandi no matter how much you would like it to.

It's just one person's views. Don't over-exaggerate them by suggesting that there's something sinister going on.

You beat me to it and that one line nails it succinctly.

I have answered several times that this was Mr Hemdani's own personal opinion - That is not anything from Rangers First.

Mr Hemdani is one of circa 50 people at each meetings - he has no special position and is allowed his own opinion - I am disappointed that you cannot separate that from Rangers First as a whole.

Rangers First and BuyRangers are separate entities and will continue to be so with no intention of that changing in the future - this is not a coup.

I would however, hope that both shareholder bases could work together in the future to work to our mutual aim of creating a better Rangers

A very inflammatory an ill judged statement IMHO. But mistakes happen from time to time.

I don't think it represents the views of Rangers First as a collective and hopefully it will not be held against RF or indeed Mr Hemdani