I understand what you mean , I was myself initially very sceptical thats why I decided on the life membership plus the £5 monthly donation instead of paying out £whatever every month , as an aside though there is virtually no mention on any other forum bar this one , I posted a thread on FF about it today and it was gone in 4 minutes , how can we really expect success when we continually hate at each other ./

The thread on the supporters direct thread on FF is an absolute disgrace , how Marshall1973??? kept his cool for so long amazed me.

Word. I went on Follow Follow for the first time since June 2012 tonight, that's one depressing thread. I can't get over how people talk to each other there. The vitriol over what seems to be fairly trivial stuff just baffles me.

Hats off to all for their energy. I hope it's off to a flier.

I know this is moany, and it might not matter. But the typos do my nut in - if you are trying to get money from people you need to be as professional as you can.

& I don't like the rubric 'Taking on the burden of others' for the £18.72 option. I know it's not meant to, but it potentially sends out the message that you, fan X who can't afford £18.72, isn't as good as fan Y who can. The potential is there to send out a negative message, which is the last thing you want if you are trying to get fan x to part with their money. The concept is fair enough, I understand that, it's just that advertising message wise the word 'burden' is a mistake.

Given how touchy our fans are, these things do matter.

Apart from which, it's been written as 'Taken on the burden of others', which shows how minutes get corrupted.

But here I am, being negative. Sorry! The best of luck and fingers crossed for a positive outcome.

Totally see what you're saying. I've went through a wee bit myself. If you spot any typos, any chance you could send an email to admin@rangersfirst.org to help get them updated (same for anyone else).

I know that the guy who done the website has basically had his IT company do lots of work on it for the past two weeks, so it's easy for these things to end up getting overlooked. I must admit, I'm also a stickler for grammar, but it takes an effort from us all to make it look as good as it can, I suppose!

Totally see what you're saying. I've went through a wee bit myself. If you spot any typos, any chance you could send an email to admin@rangersfirst.org to help get them updated (same for anyone else).

I know that the guy who done the website has basically had his IT company do lots of work on it for the past two weeks, so it's easy for these things to end up getting overlooked. I must admit, I'm also a stickler for grammar, but it takes an effort from us all to make it look as good as it can, I suppose!

Really? It doesn't show.:bouncy2:

:)

I hope we are not going to end up an only proper grammar site here otherwise we will have 2 posts per day.

as lnog as teh fisrt and lsat lettres are in the corrcet plcae our eyes raed jsut fnie.

Word. I went on Follow Follow for the first time since June 2012 tonight, that's one depressing thread. I can't get over how people talk to each other there. The vitriol over what seems to be fairly trivial stuff just baffles me.

People become so wrapped up in their online persona that they stop thinking and just react with ever increasing vitriol along the pre-programmed online identity they have constructed for themselves. It happens on non football forums too. Add into that fandom, where the fan life experience becomes more important than the thing they are purportedly fans of, (again this happens outwith football, just the same*) and you have a recipe for the kind of thread you allude to.

* I have run fanzines on science fiction authors and rock singers and I can tell you that rival fanzines of the same artists fought like hell all the time. It's human nature - sad reflection though that is - and also because, if you expend so very much of your precious time on something, publishing a fanzine, say, it becomes huge in your eyes, far more important than it really is. A hard lesson I had to learn more than once before accepting its message.

A look at the left wing of politics in France (or nearly anywhere else!) shows more vitriol aimed at other left wingers than at anyone else. (This may be true of right wing politics too, I don't know - would be interesting if not but is waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy off topic, sorry)

I don't really get it to be honest. But it is what it is - I think Rangers First is a fantastic idea so I will be badgering everyone I speak to about it.

I think it is right to question but it does get on my nerves when someone repeats the same point day after day no matter how many times you answer.

Do you have a link to any pieces about Ursula Le Guin, Steve?

When I last wrote on Ursula le Guin, the first home computers were still a decade away so no, sorry. I lost touch with all that long ago, she was one of the best though

I don't really get it to be honest. But it is what it is - I think Rangers First is a fantastic idea so I will be badgering everyone I speak to about it.

I think it is right to question but it does get on my nerves when someone repeats the same point day after day no matter how many times you answer.

It's a torture technique, I think - it's certainly torture to endure