Martin Williams ‏@Martin1Williams 31s

#Rangers Dave King "Message to fans is..if we don't hold board to account then we will have a couple of unnecessarily difficult years ahead"

Martin Williams ‏@Martin1Williams 1m

Dave King "I am absolutely confident that Craig Whyte won't have a future at #Rangers going forward"

Dave King "There are powers behind the throne at #Rangers not represented on board" would prefer him an other likeminded people involved

Martin Williams ‏@Martin1Williams 2m

Dave King believes there is a "guiding hand behind" #Rangers that is not currently sitting on the board. But doesn't name names.

Martin Williams ‏@Martin1Williams 3m

Dave King says "what is very important" is transparency must come first, before any future investment.

Martin Williams ‏@Martin1Williams 4m

Dave King says trying to avert "another financial crisis" at #Rangers & that board is relying on fans' "fierce loyalty" to come up with cash

Martin Williams ‏@Martin1Williams 5m

DaveKing says "it is obvious" #Rangers is "running out of money" & was happy go be a significant investor but board has since "done nothing"

Martin Williams ‏@Martin1Williams 9m

Dave King says real aim to get "proper transparency from #Rangers & would like not to have to set up fund for season tickets.

Martin Williams ‏@Martin1Williams 11m

Dave King says will meet the #Rangers board and insists his statements about "financial crisis" of club was "nothing controversial"

One thing is for sure - fans are now key to the boardroom struggles.

We can force the issue if we want to. However, consequences of backing King remain unclear for now.

Dave King "I am absolutely confident that Craig Whyte won't have a future at #Rangers going forward"

I wonder what was meant by this statement. If this is taken verbatim - then it would imply he is still involved. Or am i being paranoid here?

I wonder what was meant by this statement. If this is taken verbatim - then it would imply he is still involved. Or am i being paranoid here?

I take it that he's just confirming/reassuring that Whyte is not involved at all - and if he was to try to be invoved he'd get his erse kicked !

I am fully confidednt that Whyte has no hold over us whatseover. The guy is a tainted shambles.

I never heard the SSN piece but I assume this to be King doesn't think Whyte has any hold on Rangers' assets (e.g. via Sevco 5088).

This stuff works both ways. He knows that the Whyte is a "No-go" amongst the support and in his spat with the board he brings it up time and again, possibly implying that Whyte is still involved somewhere, even behind someone of the board / shareholders. Just bringing it up is enough. So far all underhand stuff as there is no proof at all. But it works as he looks to gather support. Party politics.

Again, what dissappoints me is that he's doing in the press just ahead of a meeting agreed between himself and the board. Maybe it is his way in business stuff to be curt in advance of any meeting, but it does look rather strange. IMHO not befitting of anyone willing to associate himself with Rangers ... and just in case: I'm not saying that anyone from the company is any worse or better here. I would like to see better standards all round.

I think King - in an ideal world would not be so public with some of his comments. I think he'd prefer to be more private.

But it's got to the stage that enough is enough and he has come out fighting and playing this mob at their own game. It will also allow him to gather more support from the fans as he continueds to unravel this shambolic situation