afaik this was a claim made by the board and not by King. So in essence it comes doan to whether one is prepared to believe what the board says. Yes. Quite.

If anyone believes anything that has been coming from this board, then they maybe need to seek medical advice :champs:

From Dave King's statement of the other day

King said: "Late last year I travelled to Scotland in an attempt to find a way forward that would accommodate all parties and ensure sound corporate governance and sound financial planning for the club. Unfortunately, my efforts were in vain.

"During this period I made it clear to the board that I am a potential source of funding by way of a new capital injection.

This was the meeting where King met with Easdale last year (October?) and Easdale seems to be denying such an offer was made.

That seems extremely unlikely to me.

I thought that was an excellent well balanced interview. What pleased me about it was his almost conciliatory approach by saying that all he is actually looking for is transparency, and that he would still be happy to invest if the board were to be more transparent. The fact that he also says that fans holding back on season ticket purchase need not be an option if the board were to be more open.

Interesting that he wants to run his ideas past the big investors first before coming to Scotland. His reception in London could be absolute key to his approach once he gets to Scotland.

As for the 'Craig Whyte scaremongering' that has been mentioned in this thread I have to say - absolute nonsense!. He mentioned Craig Whyte in reference to past events. Jim White then pushed him on the question of whether he still thought Craig Whyte was still around, and his response was quite an emphatic No!

The more I hear King the more I believe we need him around. I have 100% trust in the man as far as my Club, your Club and his Club is concerned.

Just can't figure out why he believes it was helpful for him to get involved in interviews ahead of his meeting with the board.

I have no problem him doing everything in the open now. Infact I'd actively encourage it.

When does Dave King ever offer anything other than financial assistance (under the right circumstances). Would Dave King fly from SA to meet the board to say "All the Best Guys"? When he came off the plane back then he announced that he was willing to give significant financial support. The board would have seen that interview. Would it not have been a bit strange for them to have then sat down and had a meeting without either of them discussing this 'significant financial support'? What did King come over for then?

It's complete and utter lies by the board to suggest otherwise. Almost as far fetched as members of the current board saying they know nothing about Charles Green and wouldn't even know him if he walked in the room. Zip me up the back guys will you?

If anyone believes anything that has been coming from this board, then they maybe need to seek medical advice :champs:

Despite the smiley at the end, I would say that presuming other people essentially being stupid if they believe anything the board say is stretching it somewhat. We are all rather cautious here and should remain very vigilant. Untowards all people currently struggling for power.

BTW, the way things about the substitution loan are handled are more like how I would go about this - business-wise.

NB: Just read the replies by anchorman above. All fair enough for an opinion. IMHO though, that is exactly how King's game-plan works with the support. It is all about claim and counter-claim, and as has been said time and again, while people can hate the board with every sinew, King has so far done nothing to back his claims up and has given us next to no insight into his own plans. Make no mistake, if he gets his act together and cleanses the club from top to bottom, very well. So far we are only being fed words.

From Dave King's statement of the other day

King said: "Late last year I travelled to Scotland in an attempt to find a way forward that would accommodate all parties and ensure sound corporate governance and sound financial planning for the club. Unfortunately, my efforts were in vain.

"During this period I made it clear to the board that I am a potential source of funding by way of a new capital injection.

This was the meeting where King met with Easdale last year (October?) and Easdale seems to be denying such an offer was made.

That seems extremely unlikely to me.

too me, that doesn't read as a firm offer of investement.....its saying, "if you have another share offering, I'll buy into it in a big way" rather than "I'm wanting to invest £5m into the club (example), how can I do that?"

I actually think the board are struggling to handle King now, judging by the recent responses, and the one today from Easdale. He seems to have the bit between his teeth, and he hopefully wont stop until he has a major say in affairs. His comments about the person pulling the strings not being on the board were interesting, and most likely spot on.

He needs to be on board before next season starts, and most probably before books are due. Now is the chance while the board are a little weak in the ready cash department. Our team rebuilding needs to start now. Expecting Ally to have a team ready to challenge in the top division with one transfer window is a big ask. If we start now, we might just have a chance at 'hitting the ground running', like he says.

As much as I despise this current regime, I could accept some of them staying, as long as King was the one calling the shots. He simply must be backed by every one of us, even by the sceptical among us. This mob have had their chance. If they won't play ball, it's time we forced them to. The outrage with regards to this 'loan' has shown what's possible if the majority of us show disgust at what's happening.

too me, that doesn't read as a firm offer of investement.....its saying, "if you have another share offering, I'll buy into it in a big way" rather than "I'm wanting to invest £5m into the club (example), how can I do that?"

I think both King and Easdale are more than capable of muddying the waters in that regard.

However, what seems clear enough from me is that, so far at least, such investment - either direct or via a new issue - isn't happening. I'd rather Easdale explained that rather than apply pedantry to an already frustrating stand-off.

I thought that was an excellent well balanced interview. What pleased me about it was his almost conciliatory approach by saying that all he is actually looking for is transparency, and that he would still be happy to invest if the board were to be more transparent. The fact that he also says that fans holding back on season ticket purchase need not be an option if the board were to be more open.

Interesting that he wants to run his ideas past the big investors first before coming to Scotland. His reception in London could be absolute key to his approach once he gets to Scotland.

As for the 'Craig Whyte scaremongering' that has been mentioned in this thread I have to say - absolute nonsense!. He mentioned Craig Whyte in reference to past events. Jim White then pushed him on the question of whether he still thought Craig Whyte was still around, and his response was quite an emphatic No!

The more I hear King the more I believe we need him around. I have 100% trust in the man as far as my Club, your Club and his Club is concerned.

Yes, that was the key thing to take form it, I thought.