that's pretty much it. It has to do with twin engine jets being allowed to cross the Atlantic now, which was previously only allowed for 4 engines. However the twins must always be within a certain distance of an alternate landing field in the event of an engine failure and 2 hours give or take sounds about right.

OK got it, so if your down to one engine all bets are off and do not pass GO, you have to head for the nearest land.

The signal can travel up to 20km depending on conditions. It should omit the signal for 30 days.

I'm wondering if it was shot down by mistake - like the Iranian passenger jet that was shot down by the Americans in the 1980s (for which the US Navy awarded the Captain a medal, believe it or not!). There are those who believe that Flight 800 which crashed after taking of from New York in the 1990s was also shot down. And of course the Korean Air 747 shot down by the Russians a while back. It has been known to happen.

I'm wondering if it was shot down by mistake - like the Iranian passenger jet that was shot down by the Americans in the 1980s (for which the US Navy awarded the Captain a medal, believe it or not!). There are those who believe that Flight 800 which crashed after taking of from New York in the 1990s was also shot down. And of course the Korean Air 747 shot down by the Russians a while back. It has been known to happen.

But that wouldn't explain it being so far off course; but if it was far off course it might not have been accidentally shot down. Do the Indonesians have that capability?

OK got it, so if your down to one engine all bets are off and do not pass GO, you have to head for the nearest land.

yep -although it actually doesn't matter if it's over water or not, it has to do with the suitability of the alternate landing field; i.e the field has to be able to take the size of aircraft in trouble. Twin engines will bend their flight paths up towards Iceland and Nova Scotia so that they are always within striking distance of land, but afaik are not able to fly over Russia in winter because there would be no airfield guaranteed to be able to handle them.

But that wouldn't explain it being so far off course; but if it was far off course it might not have been accidentally shot down. Do the Indonesians have that capability?

it may not have been the Indonesians - and it's the story about it being off course which makes me, if not suspicious, then curious. If I was a government that had just shot down a passenger plane by mistake (again) I might want people to be looking in a different direction while I hoovered up the pieces.

But even missiles show up on radar so if this is the case then someone knows it was. I agree RE TWA800 that it was shot down.

There is the mention that it could be related to the killings at a Chinese airport last week when 29 people were killed by knifemen. There was emails sent to media about this which hasn't been mentioned mainstream as they believe they are fake.

• 2 weeks later...

So the Malaysian PM makes an announcement of the assumption the plane went down and all aboard have been killed. This announcement is made with so many unanswered questions and not a single piece of aircraft found. Only debris which hasn't been confirmed and based on a few 'pings' done days ago picked up by the British firm Inmarsat.

I am in Kuala Lumpur at the moment and quiet rightly everyone I have spoken to are not accepting it yet.

Where is the evidence? Why was there no mayday? How did it do such a turn and end up in this location? How did the transponder just shut off? If it was fire how did it continue to fly so long? What about the mobile phone that rang? The debris doesn't even resemble anything of a plane so how can this announcement be made? Why did it take so long to work out this new radar signals? Why no black box sonar signal if it is subsea?

Note - there isn't one mention of a conspiracy theory in my post just unanswered questions that should be confirmed before any announcement was made.

• 2 weeks later...

[h=1]The top five theories surrounding flight 370[/h][h=3]Permalink[/h][h=3]1. The tiny microchip[/h]This theory is one that I brought up a couple days after flight 370 vanished and was subsequently picked up by Rense. The theory is that a Rothchild had the plane vanished so he could cash in on a microchip patent held by four freescale employees and himself - if the other four holders were on the plane and considered dead, he would be the sole owner of the patent.There are a couple problems with this story which is why when I posted it I said it's dubious and unconfirmed -

First of all, any Rothchild is ridiculously rich. Money is no object for them, why would they take the risk of vanishing a plane to get more?

Secondly - Rense pushed this as some sort of unique tiny chip. It is in fact a patent for a manufacturing process which could make all chips smaller. That makes it both a bigger deal than Rense stated, and irrelevant at the same time, let me explain -

Chips are made on a wafer of silicon called a die. That wafer is expensive. Many chips get made simultaneously on the same wafer. The patented manufacturing process made it possible to get more chips out of a wafer. That made them cheaper, and it would affect ALL chips, not just Renses "tiny microchip", there was nothing unique other than that it would be smaller, in your calculator, in your Ipad, in whatever.

Here is where this one gets really dubious

Advances in making chips smaller happen all the time. Intel makes a major breakthrough approximately every 18 months, and AMD does as well. So freescale is not alone in making advances in this area, and within ONE product cycle, Intel or AMD would have probaby rendered the Freescale patent irrelevant. For that reason and the other reason stated above, I give this theory a 4 on a scale of 1-10., said patent was just not that important.

[h=3]Theory 2. The longsoon Hijack[/h]I think this is probably the real reason for the flight 370 hijack, and it revolves around Chinese data security in the run up to world war 3.China has developed their own very powerful and completely secure microprocessor totally lacking ANY NSA back door, and paired it off with their own completely secure operating system that does not have any back doors, at least none the NSA knows about. This has allowed China to secure their data, and the entire country is switching over to it, and has been in the process of doing so for at least five years.

This un hackable processor was put in the Longsoon Yeelong laptop, which I had a chance to play with in 2012 in Mexico City. It's not remarkable, but it is at least definitely up to modern standards, China scored a major hit with it, and there is no doubt the NSA wanted it's secrets. You got to know about the Freescale employees on flight 370, but there were 80 other Chinese tech workers that mysteriously slipped all media attention and it is my guess that these workers were involved in chinese data security, which the NSA would want to breach before launcing world war 3 agains them.

Add to this the fact that after flight 370 and as a direct result of it, China lost all trust in the American government, EVERY LAST BIT OF IT, and will be launching their own enormous satellite network to prevent a flight 370 from ever happening again. If it was THAT important, it was about more than just a microchip patent and for that reason I give the Longsoon hijack theory at least a six on a scale of 1-10.