The First Annual Gersnet Dinner will be held at Malaga Tapas, 213-215 Saint Andrews Road, Glasgow G41 1PD on 26 April 2014 at 3.00pm for 3.15pm till 7.00pm.

NOTE NEW TIMES DUE TO EARLY KICK OFF V STRANRAER

http://www.malagatapas.co.uk/

The restaurant is currently ranked in the top 20 in Glasgow on Tripadvisor http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186534-d1087980-Reviews-Malaga_Tapas-Glasgow_Scotland.html

MENU FOR THE FIRST ANNUAL GERSNET DINNER (THE BEARS PICNIC)

Primer Plato (First Course)

Selección del chef de varias tapas, por ejemplo (Chefs Selection of Various Tapas e.g.):

Pescados (Fish) –

Pescado en Adobe ( Spanish Marinated Fish in a combination of paprika and spices)

Fritura de Pescado (Fried Mixture of Fish & Seafood; king prawns, squid & white fish, served with garlic mayonnaise)

Carnes (Meats) -

Albondigas en tomate (meatballs cooked in a rich tomato sauce)

Pinchos Morunos (Authentic Spanish Skewers of Sizzling Pork, marinated with cumin, garlic & red wine)

Verduras (Vegetables) –

Pisto Manchego (Mixture of roasted vegetables: peppers, potatoes, eggplants and onions mingled with tomato sauce)

Bravas con salsa Picante (Malaga Tapas own take on the quintessential Spanish patatas bravas)

3 tapas per person

Segundo Plato (Second Course)

Paellas: Marisco (seafood), Valenciana (mix of chicken & seafood), Montana (chicken and dry-cured chorizo); Verduras (vegetarian)

(the selection on the night will depend on numbers)

Postres (Deserts)

por ejemplo (e.g.):

Crema Catalana (Spanish version of crème brulee fired at the table!)

Copa Malaguena (Ice cream, honey coated peanuts, raisins and topped with Pacharin liquor)

NB: The above are examples from Malaga Tapas’ current menu (see web site); as the owners import a high percentage of the ingredients from Spain, the actual dishes available on the night may vary from the above.

£18.00 por persona (per person).

All those wishing to attend please post in this thread. I am proposing to collect a deposit of £9/10 per head and in order to avoid any possible suggestion of impropriety, I intend opening a bank account with two signatories, specifically for that purpose. Frankie has approved the opening of a Gersnet Dinner account with me and Andy Steel as signatories. I'll PM the details to all those who sign up when I get it organised.

Edited by BrahimHemdani
Times edited for 12.45pm kick off; as per posts in thread.

i'm in.

ps this might well be the most organized internet based night out since the ocd society annual dinner dance of 2006.

Thanks, keep putting the clean plates to the bottom of the pile beside mine.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

After just saying I can make this via PM, I've noticed the date clashes with a friend's wedding that evening. That means I'll miss the game and the dinner... :(

(May also mean ian1964, johnnyk and peter1984 can't come either).

Apologies! :(

After just saying I can make this via PM, I've noticed the date clashes with a friend's wedding that evening. That means I'll miss the game and the dinner... :(

(May also mean ian1964, johnnyk and peter1984 can't come either).

Apologies! :(

That's a shame (that you can't come, not the wedding, of course), did you vote for this date?

Edited by BrahimHemdani

That's a shame (that you can't come, not the wedding, of course), did you vote for this date?

No, I don't think I voted for any date as I was offline for a bit. I don't think we got the wedding date confirmation through to relatively recently anyway.

Hopefully we'll be able to make the next one!