So you're saying you personally only work well when you fear your manager? You want and need a manager that rants and raves at you? You think bullying is the best way to improve performance at work?

I agree that you can't be like a friend all the time or too nicey, nicey, but I think you're being presumptuous about what happens in the changing room, and being a bit sweeping to what motivates people.

Sir Alex Ferguson earned the respect of his players. I would imagine that the players knew there was a line that just wasn't crossed - if you did, you'd feel his wrath full force. The players probably $hit themselves after a poor result, as they walked back to the dressing room.

Compare that with McCoists comments after yesterdays game.....publicly McCoist doesn't seem too bothered about the result, that then filters down to the players who then believe that its OK to play like that for a team like Rangers. Does nayone believe that McCoist locked the players in the dressing room for a right good bollocking???

As for Law (and others), they came to the club with a lot of promise, and have shown glimpses of that promise from time to time. I believe that Law & Black should be a convincing midfield pairing (on paper). Then add in a couple of pacey wingers like Aird & Temp and we should be onto a good thing - but we're not. Is this down to player attitudes, training tactics or something else - it is McCoist job to determine the problem and fix it.

McCoist has now had nearly 2 seasons in the lower leagues, yet still hasn't worked out how to break down the opposition defence. Players like Law, Temps & Shiels should be demolishing these defences. Nicky Clark (although injured), tore these same defences apart last season, yet our team of SPL grade players are apparently incapable of doing it.

I think I said 'it's up to parents to bring up their children'.

So you don't even remember the context or understand your implications? I believe you are asserting that you can't blame the players as it's the manager who nurtures them so he is 100% to blame. Your analogy is that you can never blame children as it's their parents who nurture them and so they are 100% to blame. However, common sense suggest your parent analogy doesn't fully work as it's a lot more complicated than that, and therefore you first point is not sustained.

What do you want to dispute next. Whether the colour black is actually white?

I do get that you see everything in either black or white, and it's how you feel when people disagree with your extreme views. However, if you actually open your eyes and take time to look, compare and take a bit more in, you might find that what you think is the blackest black, is in reality, more like middling grey.

So you're saying you personally only work well when you fear your manager? You want and need a manager that rants and raves at you? You think bullying is the best way to improve performance at work?

I agree that you can't be like a friend all the time or too nicey, nicey, but I think you're being presumptuous about what happens in the changing room, and being a bit sweeping to what motivates people.

When I use the word "fear" I don't mean the fear of physical harm or bullying rather the fear of letting somebody you respect down, of reneging on the promises and commitments you've made to that person, the fear of failing in that person's eyes. That type of fear is a powerful motivator and I think, without being too disrespectful to modern day footballers, it is a big part of what makes them tick.

So you don't even remember the context or understand your implications? I believe you are asserting that you can't blame the players as it's the manager who nurtures them so he is 100% to blame. Your analogy is that you can never blame children as it's their parents who nurture them and so they are 100% to blame. However, common sense suggest your parent analogy doesn't fully work as it's a lot more complicated than that, and therefore you first point is not sustained.

I do get that you see everything in either black or white, and it's how you feel when people disagree with your extreme views. However, if you actually open your eyes and take time to look, compare and take a bit more in, you might find that what you think is the blackest black, is in reality, more like middling grey.

I said what I said and won't be brought into a ridiculous argument with you. Go and argue with a brick wall.

When I use the word "fear" I don't mean the fear of physical harm or bullying rather the fear of letting somebody you respect down, of reneging on the promises and commitments you've made to that person, the fear of failing in that person's eyes. That type of fear is a powerful motivator and I think, without being too disrespectful to modern day footballers, it is a big part of what makes them tick.

for a lot of players, they are only interested in getting their pay cheque at the end of the month. I think a lot of them know that if the team plays badly, it's the manager that takes the flack, which in a lot of cases is 100% wrong. In our case, not only are the players not playing well, but there are obvious tactical flaws. There appears to be minimal leadership or guidance from the manager & his team. If the players are not following the managers instructions, then there should be repercussions ie dropped. If the players are following the managers instructions, then the blame is squarely at his feet. If players aren't playing well, they shouldn't be picked - again falls @ the managers feet.

Sir Alex Ferguson earned the respect of his players. I would imagine that the players knew there was a line that just wasn't crossed - if you did, you'd feel his wrath full force. The players probably $hit themselves after a poor result, as they walked back to the dressing room.

Not many workplaces would allow Fergie's practices and not many people would work better if exposed to them. If you read or hear about the kind of stuff he got up to you'd probably think he was a complete nutter when put in context of most of our working lives. I doubt that many top players would put up with what he did in the early days but the guy semes to have had a knack of adapting and evolving.

I'm not sure stalking people and threatening violence or screaming in their faces is something that we should be looking at as best practice.

I disagree that people improve their long term productivity when constantly intimidated, in fear of wrath and shitting themselves when they go to work.

Compare that with McCoists comments after yesterdays game.....publicly McCoist doesn't seem too bothered about the result, that then filters down to the players who then believe that its OK to play like that for a team like Rangers.

There is usually a different face for public and private, so I'm not sure what we can read into his demeanour. Hopefully, he has some way of communicating the expected standards to the players. But really, this kind of argument implies the players have no pride or ego at all, and that they are fine with being booed by thousands of people and slated in the media and on fan forums. I know I've had plenty of games where myself and the team couldn't play anywhere near as well as we'd like, but I do know that giving me a good bollocking at half time would not have made me play better. Probably the opposite due to being angry and constantly thinking about it.

Does anyone believe that McCoist locked the players in the dressing room for a right good bollocking???

I don't think this actually works for your ordinary Joe, do you honestly think this would help against grown men who think they are the dogs bollocks?

As for Law (and others), they came to the club with a lot of promise, and have shown glimpses of that promise from time to time. I believe that Law & Black should be a convincing midfield pairing (on paper). Then add in a couple of pacey wingers like Aird & Temp and we should be onto a good thing - but we're not. Is this down to player attitudes, training tactics or something else - it is McCoist job to determine the problem and fix it.

That I don't disagree with.

McCoist has now had nearly 2 seasons in the lower leagues, yet still hasn't worked out how to break down the opposition defence. Players like Law, Temps & Shiels should be demolishing these defences. Nicky Clark (although injured), tore these same defences apart last season, yet our team of SPL grade players are apparently incapable of doing it.

This I do disagree with as it's a distortion of the truth. We're averaging about 3 goals a game and have had three draws and a loss all season. We are in a far better position than QotS were in points, goal difference and goals score, and so they are a completely erroneous example that ignores the basic facts.

It's think it's now obvious that QotS mainly just had a great run of form last season, maybe it was the manager or something else, but there is no way of really knowing that. As said before, it's easy to use them on hindsight but it all looks stupid this year as they are NOT challenging for the league above. I also asked for people to use their swaggering knowledge for this season's leagues to say who would be running away with them. Obviously they couldn't say Rangers as they think Rangers are shite and so it would be against their own argument, but no-one had the balls to put their head above the parapet for another club when having to use foresight.

Just because you throw a double six once does not mean you are a demon with the dice. The difference is that many not only predicted Rangers would roll the dice well, it was demanded, and it happened.

You might want us to be of a QotS level but I certainly don't.

There are many questions that have to be asked and debated but we should keep it grounded in reality and relevance.

I said what I said and won't be brought into a ridiculous argument with you. Go and argue with a brick wall.

I get the impression you don't really understand what you said, otherwise you'd have at least explained it. Your brick wall metaphor is pretty appropriate to describe your responses. I can see why you recommended it... :laugh2: