I think fan "ownership" in this context is a misnomer; fan influence is a more realistic and achievable objective.

One of the examples that is often quoted of the fan ownership model is Germany; but as is set out here http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/bundesliga/id/432?cc=5739, only 6 clubs are still run under the old model and one of those, Hamburg, is 100 million euros in debt and set to change as a result.

I think fan "ownership" in this context is a misnomer; fan influence is a more realistic and achievable objective.

One of the examples that is often quoted of the fan ownership model is Germany; but as is set out here http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/bundesliga/id/432?cc=5739, only 6 clubs are still run under the old model and one of those, Hamburg, is 100 million euros in debt and set to change as a result.

I agree that fan ownership is often more narrowly understood than is generally meant

For instance, for many FO is 100% ownership of the club - That isn't the case in which it is broadly used amongst the fan ownership vehicles at the moment. Rangers First is seeking to obtain 5% to start with and will then continue to increase its shareholding until 'transparent authoritative consultation' with RFC is achieved.

It is a concept worth looking into imo

I signed up for Rangers First. For me it was a no brainer, the club has been a total embarrassment for the past few years, and I'm not saying the fans can run it better but at the very least we will have the club at heart rather than our pockets. Now is a real time where we finally have the opportunity to unite and become a force to slowly nudge the train back onto the tracks starting hopefully with a 5% holding in the club. We have the opportunity to build to the point where our voice is heard not just on Saturday afternoon at 3pm but in the board room.

i wonder who the next messiah will be if king turns his back we are running out of saviours

I'm not one for the messiahs, but we have yet to make a fist of the fans offering an alternative so, all reservations and view on messiahs aside, King is all we have at the moment. As for "who the next" one will be = no-one. We are at the end of the line and the railtracks and signals are being manned by people whose destination station is not the same as our own. We and/or King take over the train or we've had it (at least in any form that we'd recognise as the Rangers)