The funny thing is that the only club who had supporters protesting about the pre-set choices of the semi-finals and final at the time of the announcement were Rangers fans. Once it was clear that nothing would change, Rangers fans just accepted it even though there was a very good chance that Celtic would be able to play the final at home, and Rangers might not make the semis..

Now the semi is coming up and because Rangers are still in the competition with a good chance of the semi and Celtic are out, everyone else starts complaining very loudly...

They also set the final of the league cup at CP and no-one complained except Rangers fans.

Then the one competition Celtic are not in and cannot gain from it, they wait till Rangers are in the final and then put it somewhere tiny that will mean at least 70% of regular match attendees at Ibrox can't get a ticket, never mind the less regular and also the ones that need a final to come out and see the game.

The really weird thing is that the only ones that see it all as a bit suspect are the Rangers fans. Scotland is a very mad place at the moment.

Well, on the other hand, how many* would have called for a different venue should the Yahoos had reached any of the two cup national competitions they started in?

Maybe King gives us some more money and we start a Rangers Radio in the West of Scotland and online?

*Not just us.

The difference is that we did protested before they got there. It's not right, but it was always not right. Once it's done and dusted with no chance of changing it, it's time to just get on with it.

Sporting integrity is not a hindsight thing - except in Scotland.

I had a cursory glance at Pie and Bovril to read the views of Dundee United fans on the allocation demand.

They admit openly that they will NOT sell 20,000 briefs, one cites the precedent of attending Ibrox for the 2000 League Cup final against ra Sellik. They were allocated the Copland(7,500) and failed to sell it out. However, they support the demand because it denies regular Bears from attending. The supporters of Aberdeen, Hibs, Pars, the Yahoos, ...... etc agree this is the way they should proceed. One Arab states the reason they will fail to come near selling out the demanded allocation is because his fellow Arabs do not want to be breathing the same air as a sub-human species. This statement accrues considerable empathy. Jum should extend an invitation for tonight's Sportsound, and allow him to expand on such popularism.

The early decision to host both semis at Ibrox and the final at Parkhead was as unnecessary as it was perverse; and the result was equally predictable. A really stupid decision by the SFA IMO.

The argument for ticket allocation can be made both ways. It is easy to argue that the allocation should be in proportion to average home attendances, season tickets or the like (perhaps with a certain minimum, say 25%) but it is equally easy to argue that in a cup semi or final the allocation to each team should be the same; why shouldn't the good folks of Dundee or Coatbridge if it comes to that, have a day out in Glasgow or Edinburgh for example. After that it's up to the clubs to convert them into regular fans.

In general terms, I think it's quite hard to argue for a neutral venue and then say but you can't have 50% (or an equal share) of the tickets (if you can sell them). If you can't sell them then there's another big decision (as with Aberdeen this week) of do you offer them to the other team or do you say, you've got enough.

There are probably no right or wrong answers and the issue is peculiar to Scotland (and possibly some other small countries) because the three biggest stadia are in Glasgow and two of them would not be regarded as neutral by either side of the old firm. It would never arise in England, for example, or countries such as Spain with no national stadium (where the Copa del Rey is a 2-leg affair anyway, possibly for that reason) , because apart from Wembley there are no end of possible venues and it's difficult to imagine a team reaching a final and not taking up their ticket allocation (which is only 25% for the FA cup final anyway, with the rest going to all the minor associations sponsors etc).

It is easy to argue that the allocation should be in proportion to average home attendances, season tickets or the like (perhaps with a certain minimum, say 25%) but it is equally easy to argue that in a cup semi or final the allocation to each team should be the same;

Why? You are saying clubs are equal but people are not. It's really about the people so why discriminate against one side because they have more people?

why shouldn't the good folks of Dundee or Coatbridge if it comes to that, have a day out in Glasgow or Edinburgh for example.

That's a strange and incredibly weak argument. Why shouldn't a guy who's gone to every home game for years not have the same day out?

Why shouldn't someone like myself who attends about a game a year be allowed a day out? Why can't I have a day out at the Wimbledon final? The difference is that I can see that someone who has a season ticket is more deserving than me and I'm not a self centred, whining brat. Those Dundee folks could easily have had their day out at the quarter final but strangely weren't interested.

Actually - are you being sarcastic?

To comply with what you're saying the only democratic and non discriminatory answer is to build a stadium that has a capacity of 150k - like we used to have.

In general terms, I think it's quite hard to argue for a neutral venue and then say but you can't have 50% (or an equal share) of the tickets (if you can sell them). If you can't sell them then there's another big decision (as with Aberdeen this week) of do you offer them to the other team or do you say, you've got enough.

I don't see the point of that. Just because it's neutral doesn't mean you have to split it 50/50. All clubs are not equal.

To comply with what you're saying the only democratic and non discriminatory answer is to build a stadium that has a capacity of 150k - like we used to have.

The decision to reduce the capacity at Hampden (taken I think because of lottery funding as a multi disciplinary venue) was incredibly naïve from a football perspective.

I may be wrong but I don't think we got more tickets for Manchester even though we had a massively bigger support than Zenit and much easier travel arrangements. In fact a great many season ticket holders did not get a ticket for that final; whereas I would think any Zenit fan who wanted to make the trip got a ticket.

I don't think it's discriminatory to argue for a 50/50 share in a cup semi or final but I'm happy to agree that you can make a stronger argument the other way.

What they do in some competitions in all sports, no matter who you support, the tickets for the semi final and final are prioritised to those who attended the most games prior to the finals as it's considered fairer to those who are more dedicated.

Maybe we should do it that way. So it doesn't matter what games you go to but each one gives you points towards getting a ticket for the finals. You then offer them as a priority starting with the most points and then split the rest. Segregation can be calculated after that.

Obviously points would be weighted towards games in which the participating finalists played. But that could still apply to a section for a certain number of neutrals - so if you attend every game by your team till they get beat in the semi, you still have the best chance for a neutral ticket for the final.

It's nothing to do with Rangers is about giving tickets to those who most deserve them instead of those who can only be bothered going to see a game when it gets to the finals - which is what everyone wants to see. It could bump up the sparse quarter final crowds too.

I'm not biased for Rangers here, we're talking about democracy and not discriminating those who support a certain team.

What they do in some competitions in all sports, no matter who you support, the tickets for the semi final and final are prioritised to those who attended the most games prior to the finals as it's considered fairer to those who are more dedicated.

Maybe we should do it that way. So it doesn't matter what games you go to but each one gives you points towards getting a ticket for the finals. You then offer them as a priority starting with the most points and then split the rest. Segregation can be calculated after that.

Obviously points would be weighted towards games in which the participating finalists played. But that could still apply to a section for a certain number of neutrals - so if you attend every game by your team till they get beat in the semi, you still have the best chance for a neutral ticket for the final.

It's nothing to do with Rangers is about giving tickets to those who most deserve them instead of those who can only be bothered going to see a game when it gets to the finals - which is what everyone wants to see. It could bump up the sparse quarter final crowds too.

I'm not biased for Rangers here, we're talking about democracy and not discriminating those who support a certain team.

What about those fans who have to travel great distances, and have to arrange modes of transport and accommodation, to see a game? With all due respect, I think I would like to be selective about the games I attend. You would admit that seeing a cup final holds the prospect of more excitement and anticipation than a quarter-final, which may go to a replay.

We are a global family, don't forget about us.