It was bloody stupid announcing where the semis and final would be played before the SFA knew who was actually there. That being said for those pricks to want 20,000 is laughable.

That means our fans who go every week miss out because 15,000 fair weather Dundee United supporters crawl out of the woodwork.

What about those fans who have to travel great distances, and have to arrange modes of transport and accommodation, to see a game? With all due respect, I think I would like to be selective about the games I attend. You would admit that seeing a cup final holds the prospect of more excitement and anticipation than a quarter-final, which may go to a replay.

We are a global family, don't forget about us.

I would like a ticket too but I don't attend many games so should someone with a season ticket be "banned" from attending because I want to go to a semi or final?

This is the equivalent of what happening. If you give DU 20k tickets you are effectively banning at least 10k Rangers season ticket holders in favour of fair weather supporters and some who have to travel distance.

But you're strangely arguing against yourself there: if Rangers, quite rightly in my opinion, give season ticket holders first refusal on all the paltry 20k tickets, how are people like yourself ever going to be able to attend such a game? You're DU supporting neighbour and vaguely disinterested son should have no problem, but because you're a Rangers fan it becomes all but impossible.

I can't believe people are arguing this - you have one club with an average of 41k at every home game so give them 20k tickets and you have the other team with 7k average at every home game so give them 20k tickets.

To me it's obviously wrong but some people think it's fair.

The whole point is that this wouldn't be a home tie.

For these purposes, Ibrox is a neutral venue, and ticketing will be the responsibility of the SFA, in consultation with Clubs.

Our season ticket holders don't come into it as regards SFA ticketing. Only when it comes to RFC distributing the allocation.

If the venue is changed we should withdraw from the competition not because we are deprived of an advantage we never sought in the first place but because the change would be made a) in response to bleating and b) because it's Rangers who are in involved.

If Hibs had made it to the semi-final and the venue pre-determined had been Easter Road there would only have been a very tiny fuss by United and neutrals couldn't have cared less.

Edited by Scott7

If the venue is changed we should withdraw from the competition noct because we are deprived of an advantage we never sought in the first place but because the change would be made a) in response to bleating and b) because it's Rangers who are in involved.

If Hibs had made it to the semi-final and the venue pre-determined had been Easter Road there would only have been a very tiny fuss by United and neutrals couldn't have cared less.

Absolutely, Scott.

As has been previously mentioned, there were no complaints (apart from us) when this was originally announced.

I'd love us to get to the final so that we can hear the bleating about CP and hear what excuses are rolled out. Because make no mistake, Timmy despises us winning trophies at the midden.

If the venue is changed we should withdraw from the competition noct because we are deprived of an advantage we never sought in the first place but because the change would be made a) in response to bleating and b) because it's Rangers who are in involved.

Competing in the Scottish Cup is mandatory, not voluntary Scott. Failure to complete a Cup fixture or withdrawing from the competition would result in us being hammered by the SFA. There would be a serious list of possible sanctions from a fine through to suspension or even termination of membership.