In the aftermath of Toxic disappearing into the undergrowth, I was wondering if Merlin would be going the same way. This because I've always held a suspicion that there was some kind of connection between them both.

Therefore it's a wee bit interesting to note that his rather sordid blog from today should have the sign off "For the time being I will not be blogging about Rangers."

Great days. Champions last night and today Merlin hangs up his crayons.

:rfcbouncy:

The Enemy Within

Two recent incidents have soured the League One title win for me and scunnered me from blogging on The Rangers.

At Sunday’s game one of the posters on this blog was called a ****** bastard by a “fellow Rangers fan” for holding up a Rangers banner.

Then, at last night’s title-winning game, the poster who actually had the banner made was subjected to a torrent of abuse by “fellow Rangers fans” for displaying the banner. He eventually had to put the banner away after his children were subject to abuse and threats from these “people.”

I have always been aware we have had scum among our support. Most big teams have an element and I have seen a lot in my time following Rangers. I remember as a kid myself watching my dad stop Rangers fans from setting fire to a wee boy’s Celtic scarf on Paisley Road West – while the boy was wearing it.

I also recall being threatened with violence by adult Celtic fans at Parkhead as a boy. This kind of thing is not new to me.

But in 2014 for people who purport to be Rangers fans to abuse and threaten kids carrying a banner supporting the team is beyond the pale.

It is indicative of how bitterly split the Rangers family has become. And it also shows the kind of vermin that are going to Rangers games in these sad times.

If matters in the boardroom cause people to intimidate children, there is something far wrong with these so-called supporters.

My own opinion – shared by an increasing amount of other bluenoses – is that a good amount of the people involved in the protests against the board are not even Rangers fans but interlopers who are looking to destroy the club.

People whose opinion I value greatly have been saying to me for a while that it is only a matter of time before the boardroom battles at Ibrox result in someone getting seriously injured or worse.

These two incidents with the banner show that this prediction is not that far-fetched.

I will never be ashamed to support Glasgow Rangers.

But I am ashamed this day to think of some of the people who claim they do, most notably the vermin who intimidated the kids last night.

For the time being I will not be blogging about Rangers.

One last word. There are those who will try and twist my words with this so let me be very specific. I do not class all Rangers fans who have issues with the board as scum and vermin – only those who think it is perfectly acceptable to hurl abuse at and frighten kids.

Edited by ian1964

In the aftermath of Toxic disappearing into the undergrowth, I was wondering if Merlin would be going the same way. This because I've always held a suspicion that there was some kind of connection between them both.

Therefore it's a wee bit interesting to note that his rather sordid blog from today should have the sign off "For the time being I will not be blogging about Rangers."

Great days. Champions last night and today Merlin hangs up his crayons.

:rfcbouncy:

Could be the brown envelopes from toxic has ended?

Thanks Ian.

I thought it was so full of sour grapes that I wouldn't post it. But you're right. We should all judge for ourselves.

It's always worth posting anything to do with Rangers!,well that's what I think.

I'm sure it won't be long before the self-important muppet commonly known as Merlin is back writing screeds of tedious drivel about our Club and fans, so we might as well just be thankful that he's downing tools and giving us a short reprieve.

Vermin? Dear doctor. :facepalm:

He should leave that sort of language for describing the Club's real enemies and haters where it's use would at least be valid.