In principle, that sounds very sensible and exactly what McColl propsed to do in 2010 but dropped out when SDM leaked the RST plan to the press.

However, if I was him, given that BR only have a couple of hundred monthly DD's at the last count (still waiting for plg to come up with the real number) I wouldn't bet on getting even half my money back any time in the next 200 years. In fact if I understand it correctly the BR scheme MUST buy shares, so it would need to be something quite different.

Something like RF for example which has the flexibility to invest in other ways.

Alan, I think most people can see what you're trying to do here. I'm not going to be sharing any further information on BR with you but, unlike you, I will not be saying anything derogatory about RF. If you want to play games it shouldn't be on here. Thankfully, you are not DK.

Not a good advert for RF.

No, which saddens me greatly. I've been very enthusiastic re RF (as I am re RST and BR) and rushed to embrace it not only for the obvious reason of believing in fan participation but because I thought it was going to be free from Rangers' fans internecine wars and bickerings. I feel deflated and very unsure now.

Apparently there were 30000 cards to distribute and 44,110 in attendance. Something doesn't quite add up and it's probably the attendance.

It's more difficult to tell with blue cards but it looked like a majority were holding up cards in the areas that I could see.

44,110 tickets sold, attendance was just over 28k.

For what it's worth, if a wealthy individual bought Rangers and opted to sell it to the Rangers support at no profit to himself, the dynamic around fan ownership would change overnight.

Suddenly, it would be seen to be a tangible reality for the majority rather than a lofty ideal for the few, and it would be perfectly achievable. People who don't know one fan group from another would come on board because it would quickly be seen as the right path to follow.

If it ever happens, I would hope that the rich individual concerned sells the club to the support rather than gifting it. I want the support to stump up an affordable amount. I don't want or expect charity from anyone, no matter how loaded they happen to be.

For what it's worth, if a wealthy individual bought Rangers and opted to sell it to the Rangers support at no profit to himself, the dynamic around fan ownership would change overnight.

Suddenly, it would be seen to be a tangible reality for the majority rather than a lofty ideal for the few, and it would be perfectly achievable. People who don't know one fan group from another would come on board because it would quickly be seen as the right path to follow.

If it ever happens, I would hope that the rich individual concerned sells the club to the support rather than gifting it. I want the support to stump up an affordable amount. I don't want or expect charity from anyone, no matter how loaded they happen to be.

Never look a given horse in the mouth. I would prefer to put my money into the club than somebody who can afford to give it away.